PDA

View Full Version : howard price 48inch walk behind mower ohio

bigmudder77
06-21-2009, 12:28 PM
ok i have this howard price walk behind mower for sale

its a 48inch cut with a 12.5hp kawasaki motor

its older but runs good

just had about $300-350 in parts put on it (not including the time to do the work)

new pull starter, new drive tires, new grips, new spark plug, new oil, new gas, carb has been cleaned up im sure im leaving stuff out

but it needs the drive chain tightened or replaced

you can fix it the free way by taking out a link or 2

or do the spending money way by going and getting a new chain

and its leaking out the carb bowl so maybe the gasket wasnt put back in right or moved when i was putting it back on dont know ill try to fix it but dont have much time

and i would sharpen the blades also

but other than that its a good mower i got it for a back up this spring for my yard and i used it twice and that was just to mow some taller grass that i dont like taking the riders over cause there is alot of bumps and it throws you around on the rider this did really well

just selling it cause i dont use it enough and i could use the space

$600 obo

http://i43.tinypic.com/34xhnja.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2e4elib.jpg

the pic had the old tires on it

bigmudder77
06-22-2009, 05:56 PM
will also part it out if any one needs any parts just tired of looking at this stuff

Mowingman
06-22-2009, 08:54 PM
As hard as parts are to get for those machines, I would think you could sell it for parts pretty quickly. Of course, they probably only sold a total of 3 or 4 of that model, so parts demand might be limited.
Hey, you should call the factory, if they are still in business, and see if they want to buy it back for parts.
You probably have a bigger parts supply there than they have at the factory.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Just trying to lighten up the mood here a little. Really, hope you can get it sold, price sounds fair enough.

bigmudder77
06-23-2009, 12:29 AM
lol the motor is a very high used motor on alot of different mowers and the new tires were $75 and less than 5mins of mowing with it just to test all the other parts out and make sure it was good

but ya these things were rare and if it was taken care of i would keep it and save it for a while till it was rare and worth alot of money to some one

right now it would be good as a back up or for parts since a new motor is over $700 and that is a comon motor some one can use that or use the whole thing as a spare

but thanks ya i hope it sells soon i just got a plow truck and need to buy a tranny and want some thing good and i can get a built one for $1200 just trying to have the extra money before i go fixing the truck to plow this winter

bigmudder77
06-24-2009, 08:37 AM
still for sale

bigmudder77
06-28-2009, 09:15 PM
willing to part it also these motors are about $800 new not a bad idea to have a back up motor

or if your close buy it all for a back up