PDA

View Full Version : Type of Fertilizer

KES
06-21-2009, 07:54 PM
Okay, here it is my big debate. I have been doing lawn care for awhile and always use plain ol fertilizer and like the results until this year. This year I am using 29-3-6 with .12 % wolfe trax iron. The first fert round worked pretty good greened up nicely, but fert round two is not working so good. I have already been back to a few yards to re fertilize them because they were not greening up. I started looking today about different fertilizers and wanted to see what people would recomend for bermuda and zoysia.
10 days ago I fertilized my yard with the above fertilizer at about a 6.5 # rate. Total fertilizer per 1000. So far no green up. I also had a couple of bags of 33-0-0 in the truck so I put it out on back yard and of course it got green guick - 5-6 days. I just want to have nice dark green yards that last a long time, but still want to go out every 4-6 weeks to do a treatment.

I have and I am reading about mesa fertilizer and trying to find out more information. I guess I am just upset that my yards looked great last trip and now they are suffering.

Anyway any help or suggestions would be good.

Derek

cod8825
06-22-2009, 12:22 AM
KES:

I don't know Bermuda and Zoysia but a couple of questions do you mow them or not. Has your area gone into a dry spell. I believe the two grasses you do are mowed shorter than the fescue and bluegrass we have here.

Matt

KES
06-22-2009, 12:32 AM
I only mow on a limited basis. I have 4 yards. Yes berumda and zoysia are cut shorter than fescue. I just got the fertilizer in the last week or so. I had a couple of bags left from the previous round and used them on the first yards this round same result.

Just trying to find out some real world information before I change some things around.

LawnoftheMonth
06-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Man, my zoysia and bermuda accounts responded great to 25-3-3 from lesco. These were all new customers, so maybe they werent fed properly before and they would have responded to anything.

My yard is always green (st.aug), i dont fertilize it much, but last week i put down 15-5-10 + 2fe and it is GREEN! I want to start putting iron down on my
customers lawns but i dont want to deal with concrete stains. Any suggestions? I push my fert with a spreader, all tiny lawns with a lot of sidewalk and landscaping/fllagstone.