PDA

View Full Version : looking for a new chemical supplier in minnesota.

lazyike
06-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I decided its time to find a new supplier in Minnesota for my chemicals.
I need one that handles urea in addition to the usual chemicals.

I don't like Lesco's prices and CHS urea is dirty.

Any help would be appreicated.:waving:

MnLefty
06-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Sent you a PM!

zimmatic
06-28-2009, 06:51 PM
united suppliers out of spencer Iowa--chemical supplier
fertimix in Jordan MN custom blend any fert mix 1 ton minimum

Heidi J.
06-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Do an internet search. Do you have UAP or UHS whatever it is called? I am not a fan of Lesco anymore since it became JDL..crappy I tell ya:hammerhead:

DA Quality Lawn & YS
06-29-2009, 08:57 PM
How about Reinders?

americanlawn
06-29-2009, 09:05 PM
CPS (formerly UAP) RULES. They service the entire USA as well as Canada. Switched to them after LESCO went to JDL, and we never looked back. CPS offers us huge savings, quality products, very prompt shipping, and they always give us a 'heads up' if a price increase is coming. CPS is the way to go IMO.

zimmatic
06-30-2009, 07:24 PM
I would second american on that last statement.

Just bought
100lbs of mojave
5 gallons of crossbow
5 gallons of generic roundup
delivered to my door 1453.00

Jdl in MN same stuff $ 1765.00

americanlawn
06-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks zim -- CPS (formerly UAP) has always come through for us. I just ordered another 22 ton of fert from them today. Jeff K is my rep, yet he is able to take orders from all 50 states as well as Canada. Doesn't matter if it's a small order or a large order. Doesn't matter where you live. They appreciate your business, and they take care of ALL customers (big or small).

I'm pretty sure Jeff has just became a member of lawnsite.com today. Not sure what his "handle" is, but it's very nice to finally have a CPS rep on lawnsite, cuz other options were running thin.

I trust him so much that I just say "send me another truckload". Plus he always gives us a 'heads up' if prices go down or up. BTW he told me tonight to expect possible LOWER prices if I can wait a week.

I've known him since the early 1970's -- played against him in football.

turf hokie
07-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Thanks zim -- CPS (formerly UAP) has always come through for us. I just ordered another 22 ton of fert from them today. Jeff K is my rep, yet he is able to take orders from all 50 states as well as Canada. Doesn't matter if it's a small order or a large order. Doesn't matter where you live. They appreciate your business, and they take care of ALL customers (big or small).

I'm pretty sure Jeff has just became a member of lawnsite.com today. Not sure what his "handle" is, but it's very nice to finally have a CPS rep on lawnsite, cuz other options were running thin.

I trust him so much that I just say "send me another truckload". Plus he always gives us a 'heads up' if prices go down or up. BTW he told me tonight to expect possible LOWER prices if I can wait a week.

I've known him since the early 1970's -- played against him in football.

Larry,

Tell him to get in touch with me if you dont mind. Would be interested in seeing what their products are all about.

Bryan

lazyike
07-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks guys. Thats what I needed. Always helpfull.

Zimmatic I used Fertimix urea last year (did not get it directly) just what my supplier currently had. I liked it allot clear bags, you could see what you were getting and clean.
The crap I'm using now is suppose to be turf grade but the first 150 lbs. plugged my filters with rocks, sand, and plastic. Its also in brown bags lined with plastic and I swear 15% sticks inside the bag.:confused::cry: