PDA

View Full Version : SLG Lawn Service

airsoftamazon
06-22-2009, 01:58 AM
O.k. I'm new to this forum and I love it. I just started back into my lawn business. Four years ago, I was going strong after two years of lawn service and landscaping. But unfortunately, I was in a bad wreck with my lawn vehicle. That was the deciding factor for me to get out of the lawn/landscaping business. Mostly because of the landscaping. I was doing all of it myself and burned out. I was able to accumulate some decent commercial equipment by then and ended up returning some of it because it wasn't paid off. Fast forward to now, I am starting off small as I did before. I can't afford commercial equipment, but I did learn what works and doesn't for the most part when it comes to buying equipment that will serve my purpose until I pick up. I own a John Deere JS45 rotating mower, it's pretty sweet and performs well. I will however get some replacement parts for it just in case. I have my original edgers and trimmers and am just bought a new backpack blower. I am also adding some higher voltage rechargeable accessories, such as hedge trimmers and other items that use the same batteries (non-essential equipment). I put together an inexpensive 4x8 trailer from Harbor Freight (12" wheels) and built and nice little lawn trailer and call it my little red wagon. It's designed just like a typical lawn trailer with the trimmer rack, lowering tail ramp, and a sturdy all weather storage bin in the front. I took it out this weekend and all seems well. It's great to get back on the horse so-to-speak. And yes, I am totally legal, bus name, insurance, and all that stuff! All in all, it cost me a couple of thousand to do this. Not bad for a re-start.

DLAWNS
06-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Welcome back into the business and to Lawnsite! I used to be your neighbor. I used to live in Palm Coast and work in Jacksonville and St. Augustine.

airsoftamazon
06-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey, thanks, did you mean neighbors as in "next door neighbor", or because you worked in Jacksonville? Which ever, it's cool. I can't wait to get back into the swing of things. :usflag:

DLAWNS
06-23-2009, 01:10 AM
I meant it as neighbors as in I lived close to you. lol I did a lot of work in Fleming Island, Flagler College, and other properties with Austin Outdoor.

airsoftamazon
06-23-2009, 01:45 AM
Julia's grandson?

DLAWNS
06-23-2009, 08:29 AM
nope...not me. Do you know of Austin Outdoor?

airsoftamazon
06-23-2009, 09:41 PM
nope...not me. Do you know of Austin Outdoor?

Crap! My memory sucks lately! Remind me. Sorry.

DLAWNS
06-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Crap! My memory sucks lately! Remind me. Sorry.

They are a pretty big lawn and landscape company based out of Palm Coast and they have an office in Jacksonville. Just wondering if you ever heard of them.