PDA

View Full Version : For sale or trade-Gravely Pro-Stance 34", 19hp Kawasaki

trainerboy
06-22-2009, 05:17 AM
I need to sell or trade my 34" Pro-Stance (Stander). I'm only selling because of a knee injury I acquired last weekend. It isn't anything that's going to need surgery, but it is one of those nagging injuries that seems to be affecting everything I do. I need to get a ZTR to sit and mow now. The good old days of my youth where I could cut an arm off and grow a new one back in 30 minutes are gone.

Here is the run-down on the mower:
* ONLY 23 hours
* 34" deck
* 7 gauge deck
* 9 mph ground speed
* cushioned rider platform
* dual hydro gear 10 cc pumps

My digital camera is not working right now. I'm going to have to borrow one. Until I can get some pictures posted here is a link to the Gravely website that shows pictures and specs. With only 23 hours on it there isn't going to be much difference between mine and the one pictured (only a few scratches where my other ZTR got up against it while on the trailer).

I wouldn't mind trading for a fast commercial ZTR in the 34" to 44" range (has to able to get through a 48" gate), but nothing bigger than 44". I would prefer something like a Dixie Chopper, Gravely, or Hustler, something with some durability and speed.
If no trade I want $4000 for the mower. New retail price is a little over 5k.

trainerboy
06-22-2009, 07:31 PM
Bump to the top!!

chuacro
06-22-2009, 11:24 PM
waiting for the pictures

trainerboy
06-23-2009, 07:43 AM
waiting for the pictures

Not much difference between mine and the pictures on the Gravely website. But I know how it is wanting to see the actual product.

I'll get pics up as soon as I can get my hands on a camera.

Chuacro,
Do you have a trade or looking to buy out-right? I can't meet you anywhere on the delivery (I barely have time to blink these days) but I wouldn't be apposed to shipping it.

Brian

lifetree
06-23-2009, 09:29 PM
I need to sell or trade my 34" Pro-Stance (Stander). I'm only selling because of a knee injury I acquired last weekend. It isn't anything that's going to need surgery, but it is one of those nagging injuries that seems to be affecting everything I do. ...

Trainerboy -- Are you sure you've allowed enough time (i.e.-only a week) for the injury to heal ... you say it's a "nagging" injury, however, I don't understand how you can say that after only a week !! You can certainly do what you want, however, I'm just suggesting that your decision to sell may be a little premature ... good luck.

trainerboy
06-24-2009, 07:50 AM
Trainerboy -- Are you sure you've allowed enough time (i.e.-only a week) for the injury to heal ... you say it's a "nagging" injury, however, I don't understand how you can say that after only a week !! You can certainly do what you want, however, I'm just suggesting that your decision to sell may be a little premature ... good luck.

I left out one part describing the knee injury. I should have said RE-ACQUIRED a knee injury. That's why I called it nagging. I tore it up about 6 years ago. most of the time it doesn't hurt at all and I forget all about it. A couple of times throughout the past 6 years I've re-injured it (not as bad as the first time) and when that happens it will hurt like hell for about 6 months.

I know what is wrong with it (I'm a personal trainer) but I'm on the bubble of needing surgery. Plus I'm self employed with no health insurance. Can't really afford it anyway.
I know from past experience this thing is going kill me at least for the rest of this mowing season.

Scagguy
06-24-2009, 11:19 AM
Sent you a PM.

lifetree
06-24-2009, 09:03 PM
I left out one part describing the knee injury. I should have said RE-ACQUIRED a knee injury. That's why I called it nagging. I tore it up about 6 years ago. ...

Well, I understand ... I hope it works out for you and good luck !!

trainerboy
06-24-2009, 09:07 PM
OK....Here is some pics.
It has a couple more hours on it. It won't rack up very many hours before someone snatches it. It is a backup/small gate mower for me.

lifetree
06-24-2009, 09:10 PM
Your asking price for the machine is certainly very reasonable in light of the fact that it only has 25 hours on it ... and it looks like it's been very well cared for ... good luck, I'm sure it'll be gone quickly !!

trainerboy
06-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I left out an important part.....It has a 19hp Kawasaki Kai with the commercial air cleaner.

I also have the 2 piece mulch kit for it. That might be 2 little helpful things to know.

trainerboy
06-24-2009, 09:43 PM
Your asking price for the machine is certainly very reasonable in light of the fact that it only has 25 hours on it ... and it looks like it's been very well cared for ... good luck, I'm sure it'll be gone quickly !!

Thanks, I take pretty good care of my stuff. I'm a little anal about it sometimes.

I see you use a Dixon.
My main mower is an '07 Dixon Kodiak 52". It has been a damn good mower. I haven't seen anything even come close to beating its cut quality. I don't think Dixon gets enough praise on this site. I think they can hang with any of them. That is just my opinion.

cphillips0053
06-24-2009, 10:03 PM
I know what is wrong with it (I'm a personal trainer) but I'm on the bubble of needing surgery. Plus I'm self employed with no health insurance. Can't really afford it anyway.
I know from past experience this thing is going kill me at least for the rest of this mowing season.

Not wanting to step on any toes nor hijack your thread but.... to have a nice new mower, new truck and fairly new good looking trailer, I don't think health insurance should be too far out of reach for you. Especially when part or all of your income depends on your health. Take it from me because I've seen it happen. One big hospital visit and it can ruin the rest of your life. Yeah... health insurance isn't the least bit cheap but they have very reasonable policies to protect you from those "home runs" that come in the mail with 6 figures on 2 pieces of paper.

BTW: Nice mower :)

trainerboy
06-24-2009, 10:27 PM
Not wanting to step on any toes nor hijack your thread but.... to have a nice new mower, new truck and fairly new good looking trailer, I don't think health insurance should be too far out of reach for you. Especially when part or all of your income depends on your health. Take it from me because I've seen it happen. One big hospital visit and it can ruin the rest of your life. Yeah... health insurance isn't the least bit cheap but they have very reasonable policies to protect you from those "home runs" that come in the mail with 6 figures on 2 pieces of paper.

BTW: Nice mower :)

I actually have a pretty good accident insurance policy just not the good ol' garden variety health insurance. I know I need it and it is in the near future.

cphillips0053
06-24-2009, 11:03 PM
Heart attack / stroke don't fall in to the accident category.
Those come with a hefty price tag!

lifetree
06-24-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks, I take pretty good care of my stuff. ... I see you use a Dixon. My main mower is an '07 Dixon Kodiak 52". It has been a damn good mower. I haven't seen anything even come close to beating its cut quality. I don't think Dixon gets enough praise on this site. I think they can hang with any of them. That is just my opinion.

I agree 100% with you about the Dixon ... it simply doesn't get the recognition that it deserves !!

TPendagast
06-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Still have that mower? I might be interested.... Oklahoma to idaho...hmmmm

lifetree
06-25-2009, 07:45 PM

That's a long way !!

trainerboy
06-25-2009, 07:54 PM

Yes, I still have it. I wouldn't be against shipping it. I have no idea what the freight would run though.

Let me know if it something you would want to pursue.

trainerboy
06-26-2009, 06:34 AM
Bump to the top.....

I have this for sale locally as well so if there is anyone out there siting on their hands. NOW is the time. IF you find another one of these with this low of hours so close to coming off the showroom floor it probably won't be this cheap.....

Speak now or forever drive your slow belt drive walk-behind.:walking:

trainerboy
06-27-2009, 06:44 AM
It has close to 27 hours on it now.

Bump to the top:drinkup:

trainerboy
06-29-2009, 04:09 AM
bump to the top

rusty_keg_3
06-30-2009, 05:48 PM
Hey, i have been looking at standers, and found these Brand New Comps. I guess it has 25 hrs on it, but for a little more, u can get a warranty and all. Good luck with the sale.

1. Gravely Pro Stance 34" Cut, 19 HP- $5,000
2. Gravely Pro Stance 52" Cut, 23 HP- $4,800
3. Gravely Pro Stance 34" Cut, 19HP- $4,800
4. Gravely Pro Stance 52" Cut, 19 HP- $4,800
5. My dads friend bought Gravely Pro Stance 52" Cut, 23 HP- $4,500

trainerboy
06-30-2009, 08:43 PM
Hey, i have been looking at standers, and found these Brand New Comps. I guess it has 25 hrs on it, but for a little more, u can get a warranty and all. Good luck with the sale.

1. Gravely Pro Stance 34" Cut, 19 HP- $5,000
2. Gravely Pro Stance 52" Cut, 23 HP- $4,800
3. Gravely Pro Stance 34" Cut, 19HP- $4,800
4. Gravely Pro Stance 52" Cut, 19 HP- $4,800
5. My dads friend bought Gravely Pro Stance 52" Cut, 23 HP- $4,500

I'm a little confused by your post. Saying good luck with the sale kind of sounds like you were trying to help me out. The rest of your post sounds like you think I'm asking too much for mine since you found all of these new ones priced close to it. In reality all you did was hijack my post. The guys that use this site are not stupid. If they are tech savvy enough to be on this site in the first place then they can research and compare prices of new vs. used mowers before they attempt to purchase mine. I did the research and found 3 or 4 that were priced exactly like the ones you found, that is how I came up with my price.
Here is a little tid bit you left out of your shout out on my post.
TAX
If you buy new from a dealer they tend to ask for it every time. After you tack on that little item it throws your total up about $500. That puts even the cheapest one in your research up to 5k which is a cool 1k more than mine will cost a person. My mower still has one year left of warranty and is in pristine condition. A lot of people would trade 1 year of warranty to save $1000, and that was using the best price from your research. If someone finds it cheaper somewhere else then I would encourage them to buy it and don't take a second look at mine. But most guys on this site understand that if that kind of situation happens, YOU KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, because that is commonly reffered to as hijacking someones site.
Now, that all being said. If you really were trying to help in some strange way, then thank you. I really didn't need it or ask for it but it is what it is.

I have a kickass mower listed for a fair price. Since you are in the market for a stander it sounds like you have one in your cross hairs. Good luck with your purchase.

rusty_keg_3
07-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Sorry, i wasn't trying to hijack your thread, i have just been looking at standers, and was just saying. But we like warranty's because we have some bad luck. But the Tax thing my dads friend paid $4,500 and some change for his....So, my bad.

rusty_keg_3
07-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I over looked that last part, i think i will be going with a Toro, because we have Exmarks.

lifetree
07-01-2009, 08:20 PM
... I did the research and found 3 or 4 that were priced exactly like the ones you found, that is how I came up with my price. Here is a little tid bit you left out ... TAX
If you buy new from a dealer they tend to ask for it every time. After you tack on that little item it throws your total up about $500. That puts even the cheapest one in your research up to 5k which is a cool 1k more than mine will cost a person. ...

Like I said before, it seems like a good deal to me ... free bump for a good cause !!

trainerboy
07-02-2009, 05:09 AM
Sorry, i wasn't trying to hijack your thread, i have just been looking at standers, and was just saying. But we like warranty's because we have some bad luck. But the Tax thing my dads friend paid $4,500 and some change for his....So, my bad.

Apology accepted.

trainerboy
07-03-2009, 08:24 PM
SOLD!

Please remove post.

chuacro
07-03-2009, 11:54 PM
Hope you got your price.

trainerboy
07-04-2009, 11:36 AM
Hope you got your price.

I got what I was asking for it.

I can't complain.

Now I need a 36" to 44" commercial ztr to replace it.