PDA

View Full Version : Mulch renovator spray?????

MOW ED
04-09-2002, 08:38 PM
I found zip in a search. Anyone know of a product that you spray on the mulch to make it look new again. I know there is something out there but I cant remember the name. Does it last and for how long. Also what is the cost and how easy is it to use?

Lots of questions. I have a cheap customer that wants it to look good but not pay 50 a yard to recap.

landscaper3
04-09-2002, 08:54 PM
We used it before! Doesnt come close to any mulch we sell but if your touching up a area you need to do all the mulch in the area! It will be good for a inexpensive replacement!

T. Matthews
04-09-2002, 10:03 PM
I have used it. It works ok as long as it is not in a irrigated area. I used a mircle grow sprayer attacthed to a garden hose, but be careful it stains.

landscaper3
04-09-2002, 10:09 PM
Thanks T I forgot to say it stains real bad!!!

OBRYANMAINT
04-09-2002, 10:48 PM
lesco sells a product called NU-MULCH I have used it and it works well but is no substitute for the real thing

David Gretzmier
04-11-2002, 05:22 AM
"mulch magic" comes in red for cypress/cedar, brown for hardwood pine. it is available from landscapers supply in 1/2 gallon concentrate for 30 bucks or so. they are on the web, and have catalog ads in Turf or Pro magazine. you mix it about 1-6 ounces per gallon of water in your backpack. another product, "bark renew" attatches to the end of the hose and does a better job of maintaining color than changing it. I have dumped a quart in my tank when treating my beds at my home 2x per year w/ 25 gallons of pre-emergent/bug/fungicide/fert/iron as well. it does about 1200 sq. ft of beds and costs 10 bucks per hose end applicator. thier number is 1-800-234-6437 I still mulch 2x per year as mulch decomposes. these products just help it look great between topdressing. Dave g