PDA

View Full Version : Pump for nurse tank

drobin
06-22-2009, 09:34 AM
I have a 100 gallon nurse tank and i want to be able to fill my backpack sprayer along with my z spray (18 gallons), Whats the best pump to order where I can fill up very quickly, should it be submersable? what kind? sump, bilge? and how would you set this up help? Do I need a switch, If anyone had pictures of there set up that would be cool thanks

RAlmaroad
06-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Why not put a ball valve on your tank if you don't already have one and use a bucket.

sprayboy
06-22-2009, 10:43 AM
Hypro Aqua tiger centrifugal pump. 20 gpm. Call LT Rich.

RigglePLC
06-22-2009, 09:00 PM
12 volt bilge pump with switch would be neat.

drobin
06-22-2009, 11:10 PM
would a bilge pump work?, they seem to be less expensive then the centrifugal pumps, the aqua tiger seems to be not manufactured anymore

indyturf
06-24-2009, 12:17 AM
I have used a bilge pump the past for years (the same one) got it at Wal Mart for 12 bucks! fills my PG in less than a minute. it screws right into the threaded fitting on the tank!

jbturf
06-24-2009, 08:08 AM
i added a bilge type pump this spring to my nurse tank,
(i used gravity b4) it works great and is fast i get like
6 gal min. thru 1" gas pump hose and a 1" farm fuel nozzle.

the down side, that i was not aware of on some bilge style pumps-
you cannot operate them against a closed valve
or for me a closed nozzle

so i need to replumb my setup with a bypass or find a different pump-
an on demand type pump is ideal, but finding one with a high gpm
i can not

UpNorth
06-24-2009, 11:58 PM
I get all my pumps at harbor freight. They have a couple with threaded female ends for a hose fitting. I use them to pump water out of my tank into my perma-green. If you look in their ad, they are on sale often, and they are only about $30 bucks and work great.

Another cool thing about them (at least I think) is the positive and negative wires have an alligator clips on them. I cut the positive, and run that with a fuse to the battery. Then I have a bolt on inside truck bed that I use as a ground, I clip on the negative alligator and the pump runs. I was using toggle switches for years and CONSTANTLY replacing them. It seemed the switches lasted 2 months tops. So the alligator clip is now my new switch.

Turf Tech
06-26-2009, 10:10 PM
I use a Echo gas powered pump to shuttle water from my 300 gallon nurse to my spray rig. It pumps out 23 gpm. I also use it to spray soil microbes on yards because it doesnt create enough pressure to kill the microbes. My piston pump on my rig kills the microbes.

FdLLawnMan
06-26-2009, 11:06 PM
I use a cheap bilge pump from the local Fleet Farm with a shutoff valve to stop the siphoning. Works great. I fill my T3000 in 2 minutes.

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
08-01-2009, 11:22 PM
I use a Echo gas powered pump to shuttle water from my 300 gallon nurse to my spray rig. It pumps out 23 gpm. I also use it to spray soil microbes on yards because it doesnt create enough pressure to kill the microbes. My piston pump on my rig kills the microbes.

Wondered if you could set something up for hydro seeding with that pump.??
So you use it for spraying compost Tea?

Turf Tech
08-02-2009, 07:01 PM
No I think it would clog it works good for water and real fluid items but I dont think it will handle the paper in the hydro seeding bundles.

CharlotteOutdoorImpact
08-03-2009, 03:03 AM
So how does it do with several feet of hose? How much do you run connected to the pump when you use it to spray? I guess I am asking about GPM and PSI after running it threw several hundred feet of hose... I guess it really doent matter when spraying teas or similar just that its coming out good enough for a quick consistant coverage.

Turf Tech
08-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I can run 200 ft of garden hose with it the volume is a little low so you have to go a little slower. With 100ft of garden hose it will spray about 20gpm. It works good for spraying compost teas soil microbes and kelp based fertilizers.