PDA

View Full Version : B.K.'S Lawn Service

B.K.'S Lawn Service
06-22-2009, 02:15 PM
My name is Billy, I am 15 years old and my dad and I started our company three years ago. When we started neither of us had ever had any experience in the field at all. Throughout the last three years we have expanded and now are a "fast growing company." The one thing that we have over most companies is the fact that we do not rush to get as many yards cut in one day, instead we do a quality job at each. This includes bagging the entire property, edging weekly, cleaning up side walk / driveway / street weekly, and sweeping it all up. When we first started we had my dads 1990 Ford F150 pick up with a 5x8 open trailer, a troy bilt weed whacker, a poultan pro blower, and a craftsman riding tractor. Today we have expanded our company to have the following equiptment which I at 15 years old, am half owners on, 2000 Chevrolet 2500 pick up, 2008 8.5x16 enclosed trailer, 2008 iz5223t Husqvarna zero turn, 2008 32 inch Wright Stander w/ 17 hp electric start kawasaki, 2 Redmax week whackers, Redmax split shaft w/ weed whacker/edger/pole hedge trimmer attachments, Echo blower, Redmax 8001 blower, Kawasaki 22" hedge trimmers, 21" Honda / Toro self propelled mowers, and a Tanaka walk behind edger. We are also planning on purchacing a 2000 Ford f450 grain dump w/ billy goat leaf loader before the leaf season starts and for next season a 42 inch walker model s or t. We currently provide full service to 50 accounts even including mowing, clean up, bush trimming, weeding, small landscaping, ect.. In 2009-2010 i will be a sophmore at East Brunswick High School in East Brunswick NJ.

aahotard
06-23-2009, 11:40 PM
And all that stuff listed was bought in 3 years? I mean brand new truck, z, stander, enclosed, and all that stuff? Just seems like alot

DLAWNS
06-24-2009, 07:29 AM
Welcome to Lawnsite...it's nice to have another Jersey Guy!

B.K.'S Lawn Service
06-24-2009, 02:36 PM
And all that stuff listed was bought in 3 years? I mean brand new truck, z, stander, enclosed, and all that stuff? Just seems like alot

Yeah we bought the truck and the trailer at the end of the first season we were in business. Another landscaper was going out of business and we picked up the 2000 Chevy and the 8' 16' trailer for $9000.00. The lawn mowers we bought in our second season and we have currently not bought any thing "big" this year yet. Ill get some photos either on here or the photo section of the forum in the next few days.:usflag:

B.K.'S Lawn Service
06-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Welcome to Lawnsite...it's nice to have another Jersey Guy!

Yeah lol what section of NJ do you service / live

aahotard
06-24-2009, 10:16 PM
Yeah we bought the truck and the trailer at the end of the first season we were in business. Another landscaper was going out of business and we picked up the 2000 Chevy and the 8' 16' trailer for $9000.00. The lawn mowers we bought in our second season and we have currently not bought any thing "big" this year yet. Ill get some photos either on here or the photo section of the forum in the next few days.:usflag:

cool. congrats

DLAWNS
06-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Yeah lol what section of NJ do you service / live

I service as north as Brick down to Lacey and out to Jackson. What is Helmetta near? I am not familiar with that area.

B.K.'S Lawn Service
06-25-2009, 05:15 PM
I service as north as Brick down to Lacey and out to Jackson. What is Helmetta near? I am not familiar with that area.

Helmeta is near East / North / South Brunswick, Oldbridge, and New Brunswick. We service mainly East Brunswick, Milltown, North Brunswick and Helmetta.

DLAWNS
06-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Oh cool..Heard of it before, just never knew where it was.