PDA

View Full Version : Help With Mixing Ratio

dealjb
06-22-2009, 07:59 PM
Does anyone have any experience using Cimarron (by Dow) for killling Bahia grass. The label is not indicated for residential use, the place I bought it from was no help when I told them I was going to use it on my centipede. I have heard it works and want to try it in a small area first. My question is, If 1/2 oz per acre is the mixing ratio, how do you translate that into per gallon for a sprayer. Can you help a dumb old country boy out?

Much appreciated!

:usflag:

VARMIT COMMISSION
06-23-2009, 12:20 AM
It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a
manner inconsistent with its labeling.

recliner5
06-23-2009, 07:28 AM
go ahead and try on small area 1/2 oz per gal. thats what I would do.

recliner5
06-23-2009, 07:37 AM
Does anyone have any experience using Cimarron (by Dow) for killling Bahia grass. The label is not indicated for residential use, the place I bought it from was no help when I told them I was going to use it on my centipede. I have heard it works and want to try it in a small area first. My question is, If 1/2 oz per acre is the mixing ratio, how do you translate that into per gallon for a sprayer. Can you help a dumb old country boy out?

Much appreciated!

http://www.oznet.ksu.edu/sericea/pdf/ld7GT000.pdf
try this, hope it helps

RAlmaroad
06-23-2009, 07:54 AM

Much appreciated!

WAIT!!!!Not 1/2 oz per gallon as someone just posted--Don't have a label but if it states 1/2/acre you'll kill that centipede in record time with 1/2oz.per gallon in a hand sprayer. If you've got a 100 gallon tank; think of it covering an acre or about 2 gallons/1000 sq. feet. What is your equipment? How many gallons? How big is your lawn? Better think twice. Roy

dealjb
06-23-2009, 08:38 AM

I don't know about you but I regularly see centipede in pasture and rangeland. The labeling is pretty vague as too CYA for the manufacturer. Dude, get over yourself, people in this part of the country build houses in the middle of pastures and do not want to fight bahia in the manicured part of their yards.

Thanks for helpful replies.

RigglePLC
06-23-2009, 08:48 AM
So .5 ounce divided by 43.56. You need about 11 thousandths of an ounce. Assuming that your one gallon covers 1000 sqft. Good luck.

mdlwn1
06-23-2009, 08:49 AM

I suppose your mattress tags are all in tact as well........

VARMIT COMMISSION
06-23-2009, 09:47 AM
cimarron it is not labled for residential use. So you cant use it. If your spraying pastures or CPR ground then the label tells you the amount to use. I wont use a product that is designed for agriculture use and not residential use. You can easily have your license revoked
Label states "do not use on lawn's" so--what does that mean?

VARMIT COMMISSION
06-23-2009, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=mdlwn1;3058299]I suppose your mattress tags are all in tact as well........

What is the world does a mattress tag have to do with using an agriculture designed herbicide on a residential lawn. I suppose all us LCO's can just start going to our local co-op and buy agriculture herbicides and just start applying non-residental herbicides to all our home owner lawns. Heck--why not just start using agriculture insecticides around our home's too! That way we can spray once a year and just charge bi-monthly service drive by's.

The label is the law, no way around it! Maybe that is why where he bought it wasnt much help on answering the amount to use. If it were labled for residential then it would have a directions for use on residential lawns.

I honestly have no idea if my matress tags are intact. This weekend when my wife changes the sheets I will have her look and let ya know.

VARMIT COMMISSION
06-23-2009, 10:27 AM
How about trying something designed for bahia grass removal in centipede like manor (metsulfuron).

dealjb
06-23-2009, 11:16 AM
LOL!!! I was just looking for a little help, simmmer down. Never mind I will test this product out myself for the not so off label use I will be using it for. I will let anyone who is interested know how it works out as to not killing my centipede or bermuda that I have growing in my pasture (yard) combo.

Thanks
*trucewhiteflag*

Easy Varmit Man.....Lets all be friends here. LOL!!!

VARMIT COMMISSION
06-23-2009, 03:54 PM
No problem here. Just copied and pasted the lable. It was the get over yourself that was odd. I built my house on a piece of property that has been pasture for several generations. In fact when I looked at it the johnson grass was taller than my wife. It has taken years to get my acerage in shape. I now have a beautiful bermuda lawn weed free. I mainly treat acerages (up to 5 acres) out here. New homes built on old pasture, so I do have experience in converting pasture land to a beautiful lawn. No offense was taken, just an unexpected response.

Now the post about the mattress tags was just uncalled for. "mdlwn1" how does that response help determine how much cimmarron to use on a residential lawn?

JDUtah
06-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey what's your street address? I know a large business that would love to charge you up to 25 grand for misapplying pesticide. I would love to send them your way. :)

Freaking law breakers like you guys that make us have more laws... ... ... :gunsfirin