PDA

View Full Version : sprinkler business training

scorpio
04-09-2002, 10:14 PM
I have an opportunity to buy a sprinkler repair, maintenance and install business(primarily residential) and landscaping( installing sod, mulch and rock, trees and shrubs). I have no experience in the sprinkler business. The seller is offering me two months of training and then he is moving to another state. He is selling his customer list of approximately 450 clients for $45,000. About half of these are good for annual turn on/shut down. Do you guys think this is enough training to get me started(I would probably get about 5 turn ons/repairs a day and 5 new installs before the owner leaves. Or should I just work for someone else a season or two and then buy a business.

Thanks

HBFOXJr
04-09-2002, 10:58 PM
It takes a guy working in the field 5 years, plus some courses to get good. Why? There are so different problems to encounter on all different types of jobs that it just take a while to see them all and to do installs too??? Your putting your investment at risk.

Functional in 2 months isn't in the cards unless you can find an employee that really know thats stuff to do it for you while you do the landscape scene.