PDA

View Full Version : 99 Ford F450 Grain Dump

B.K.'S Lawn Service
06-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Hi, I am thinking of buying a 99 Ford F450 grain dump from a local contractor. It is a gas v10 and only has 30,000 miles on it. Now for the truck he only wants $7000.00. The only problem with the truck is that it need either a brand new or rebuilt engine because the motor is shot. To get a brand new motor it would run about $6500.00 and a used would run about $4000.00. So for the total price do you think it is worth it? And if so, would you put in a new or rebuilt motor? The truck is very clean and the contractor seems like a pretty honest guy.

TXNSLighting
06-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Put a cummins in it!!! 7 grand for a truck that doesnt run?? I dont think id be paying that, but thats just me.

Gravel Rat
06-23-2009, 10:15 PM
If the truck is in good shape the easiest option is replace the V-10 with another V-10. Cheap and easy also quicker.

To do a Cummins change over will take you a month plus you have to change the fuel tanks, fuel lines etc.

Maybe in the USA the 5.9 engines are easy to find here in Canada they are tough to find you want the Dodge version because it is already set up for automotive use. If you do find one plan on spending 6 grand for a runner with lots of miles.

Now the question is why did the V-10 die with only 30,000 miles something sounds funny about that. How many miles are on this truck did the owner misplace a "0" and its 300,000 miles.

Buy a rebuilt V-10 the truck is running in a day and half you have a brandnew engine and the truck is making you money.