PDA

View Full Version : Auto Loan

Puddle of Oil
06-23-2009, 10:27 PM
alright so im in need of a bigger truck(250) and ive found a couple, however ive been denied financing 4 times! :laugh::laugh: :o im a first time car buyer with an excellent credit history! Is anybody lending????????

DoetschOutdoor
06-24-2009, 12:18 PM
So the problem is you do not have tax returns or proof of income from the past few years?

Puddle of Oil
06-24-2009, 07:11 PM
[QUOTE=DoetschOutdoor;3060327]So the problem is you do not have tax returns or proof of income from the past few years?[/QU no, i kept all my records.
Posted via Mobile Device

grandview (2006)
06-24-2009, 08:23 PM
I'm assuming this is a used truck. New loans with excellent credit are still going through. But now you have to watch out is if they are making "hard" credit inquires every time they put one you credit will drop about 5 points.

Puddle of Oil
06-24-2009, 10:28 PM
ya its for a used truck, i guess if i wanted to i could get a brand new truck and i could get financed that way, but if i can id like a used! does anybody know any good finance companys?

Duffster
06-24-2009, 11:55 PM
You shouldn't borrow money to buy trucks.

But that isn't telling you anything that you havn't been told 4 times ALREADY. :hammerhead:

TXNSLighting
06-25-2009, 12:07 AM
Credit union is the way to go.

DuallyVette
06-25-2009, 12:27 AM

. :hammerhead:

Thats right. Just sit on the front porch and wait until the money comes to you.

:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Duffster
06-25-2009, 07:11 AM
Thats right. Just sit on the front porch and wait until the money comes to you.

Since he alrady has a truck I am sure it would do.;)

AI Inc
06-25-2009, 07:26 AM

What he said.

mag360
06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
You need a bigger down payment to get approved. Or you can go new. Payment on a new 1500 4x4 should be under 300 if you get a basic model.

DuallyVette
06-25-2009, 07:10 PM

. :hammerhead:

That's right. Just sit on the front porch and wait until the money comes to you.

Since he already has a truck I am sure it would do.;)

My comment about sitting on the porch, was directed at the "shouldn't borrow money to buy trucks" comment.

Borrowing money isn't always bad. It allows a person to expand his opportunities. If your that afraid to owe money, you probably lack confidence in your abilities and you shuold stay in bed. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Driving a 1994 Ranger may get you started, but it's a errand runner. If you use it to tow, you'll wind up spending more on repairs and maintenance, than the price of a new truck.

Puddle of Oil
06-25-2009, 08:05 PM

Thanks! tried it though!

Puddle of Oil
06-25-2009, 08:22 PM
well i want to get into plowing this year so im looking for a good plow truck. i dont want some bucket of bolts that will fall apart in the first month! im hoping to sub contract for a big company i currently work for. ive never plowed before but i know my poor ranger wont make it, so i figured 10k to 20K would make a good plow truck! i prefer payments over cash anyway, cuz im weird like that!:)

Southside Lawn Services
06-28-2009, 01:53 PM
An option would look at a buy here pay here used car lot. It's not the best route, but atleast you can find what your looking for and write off the payments. Just an option.

pclawncare
06-28-2009, 05:04 PM
My comment about sitting on the porch, was directed at the "shouldn't borrow money to buy trucks" comment.

Borrowing money isn't always bad. It allows a person to expand his opportunities. If your that afraid to owe money, you probably lack confidence in your abilities and you shuold stay in bed. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Driving a 1994 Ranger may get you started, but it's a errand runner. If you use it to tow, you'll wind up spending more on repairs and maintenance, than the price of a new truck.

;) To each his own. I know all those people getting forclosed on didnt lack confidence. That confidence sure didnt pay their mortgage though did it. P.S. The barrower is always slave to the lender. I do not doubt my self or my abilities one bit, but im not a big fan of slavery especially when im the slave.

DuallyVette
06-29-2009, 10:32 PM
;) To each his own. I know all those people getting forclosed on didnt lack confidence. That confidence sure didnt pay their mortgage though did it. P.S. The barrower is always slave to the lender. I do not doubt my self or my abilities one bit, but im not a big fan of slavery especially when im the slave.

I've never felt like a slave. Never really even thought about a truck payment. I just print out the checks on the cpu each month and mail them. People pay me for what we do, and I pay others for the services that they provide. If I'm lucky, I'll die owing millions.

Duffster
06-29-2009, 10:56 PM
I've never felt like a slave. Never really even thought about a truck payment. I just print out the checks on the cpu each month and mail them. People pay me for what we do, and I pay others for the services that they provide. If I'm lucky, I'll die owing millions.

Good Goal:dizzy:

Duffster
06-29-2009, 10:58 PM

Ditto

Cash tends to multiply into more cash.

Debt tends to multiply into more debt and debt is just a burden

DuallyVette
06-30-2009, 12:23 AM
A lot of people became rich, using other people's money. Saving your Walmart wages to go into business in the future would seem hopeless. A friend of mine said that when he owed his 1st million...he lost a little sleep. By the time he owed 2 million...he slept the same.

Of course Circuit City went broke after 60 years in business because they owned nothing. HH Gregg owns everything in their store, and they're still here. I don't have any debt now. But I'd be bagging groceries at the A&P if it weren't for good credit and low rate financing.

Of course the countries financial crisis is due to liers (people selling loans) and people too stupid to realize their financial limits. On that note...I agree with you completely. Since we are breeding learning diasbled people with NO common sense...cash is the only way to go.

DoetschOutdoor
06-30-2009, 07:43 PM
After you got denied for the 2nd time, someone in your life or at the banks/whatever should have told you to STOP applying. That many inquiries into your credit is one of the worst things you can do, especially in that short of a time period. IF your credit is good and you have tax returns like said, what is the problem? Places ARE still lending, just gotta have your stuff in order.

pclawncare
06-30-2009, 08:59 PM

Well I will start off by pointing out that you admit you are slave to the lender. I think you may have missed the point of my saying, but by mailing money that you worked for to someone else then clearly you are working for them. If they worked for you they would send you money.
You obviously think about the truck payment also because you get on the computer to print out, and mail a check every month.
I would also like to perform and experiment with you. You take your truck, I take my truck. Both of us quit making our truck payments and lets see who gets repossed first you or me? Ill give you a clue, it would be purely insane to reposses my own truck (i.e. my truck payment goes to me).
I am fairly positive that 99.9% of all vehicles ever repossed probably have a loan on them. the .1% of vehicles are left out for vehicles that are being taken because someone has lost a law suit and the winning party are seizing assests to satisfy their judgment. I cant think of a single time that I have herd of a truck being repossed because someone didnt owe any money on it.
I must say buddy you have one H**L of a life goal. I would like to leave a legacy of wise financial decisions to latter generations and bless them with an ability to live comfortably.
I could go on for years but im trying to keep this short. The whole comment about saving your pennys from working at walmart to go into business. Ya i didnt work at wal mart but i did work for minimum wage and saved. I have paid cash for everything i own Currently 2 walker MT w highlift (Bought new) 1 walker MC my first ridding mower 1 Grasshopper 227 (Bought new) and too much other handheld equip and trailers to list along w 3 trucks. So buddy at the age of 22 I have some aquired some significant assetts not only within the corp. but also personal so please tell me that it cant be done. I like to collect assetts and not liabilities.

DuallyVette
07-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Well I will start off by pointing out that you admit you are slave to the lender. I think you may have missed the point of my saying, but by mailing money that you worked for to someone else then clearly you are working for them. If they worked for you they would send you money.
You obviously think about the truck payment also because you get on the computer to print out, and mail a check every month.
I would also like to perform and experiment with you. You take your truck, I take my truck. Both of us quit making our truck payments and lets see who gets repossed first you or me? Ill give you a clue, it would be purely insane to reposses my own truck (i.e. my truck payment goes to me).
I am fairly positive that 99.9% of all vehicles ever repossed probably have a loan on them. the .1% of vehicles are left out for vehicles that are being taken because someone has lost a law suit and the winning party are seizing assests to satisfy their judgment. I cant think of a single time that I have herd of a truck being repossed because someone didnt owe any money on it.
I must say buddy you have one H**L of a life goal. I would like to leave a legacy of wise financial decisions to latter generations and bless them with an ability to live comfortably.
I could go on for years but im trying to keep this short. The whole comment about saving your pennys from working at walmart to go into business. Ya i didnt work at wal mart but i did work for minimum wage and saved. I have paid cash for everything i own Currently 2 walker MT w highlift (Bought new) 1 walker MC my first ridding mower 1 Grasshopper 227 (Bought new) and too much other handheld equip and trailers to list along w 3 trucks. So buddy at the age of 22 I have some aquired some significant assetts not only within the corp. but also personal so please tell me that it cant be done. I like to collect assetts and not liabilities.

OK, i'll admit that I was being flippant, about dying owing a million. All my trucks are paid for . But don't be so hard on people that use other peoples money. At the age of 22..your brain is still 2 years away from being fully developed, so don't be to quick to judge. If you "go Advanced" you can use the spell check. Then people may assume that you can spell too.

Stillwater
07-02-2009, 01:33 AM
Of course the countries financial crisis is due to liers (people selling loans) and people too stupid to realize their financial limits.

Don't forget to include yourself and other people like you, with open goals and desires of oweing millions when you die.

DuallyVette
07-02-2009, 07:40 PM
OK, i'll admit that I was being flippant, about dying owing a million. All my trucks are paid for . But don't be so hard on people that use other peoples money. At the age of 22..your brain is still 2 years away from being fully developed, so don't be to quick to judge. If you "go Advanced" you can use the spell check. Then people may assume that you can spell too.

Don't forget to include yourself and other people like you, with open goals and desires of owing millions when you die.

Read my last post. I was being flippant about leaving a huge debt. I don't owe anyone. I've borrowed and paid in full. My credit rating is in the top 3 %, according to TransUnion and Experian. Using credit wisely can give you more options.

Did you "cash only" guys pay cash for your house? I know someone that did. She worked for the same company for over 20 years, but was afraid to take a risk of owing money.

Since you guys are so afraid of debt...Is this a religious thing? I only ask, because this seems like "learned knowledge" rather than deductive reasoning .

pclawncare
07-03-2009, 11:22 PM
Im not affraid of debt I just choose to not use it. It is a matter of simplicity in life. Why not pay cash for stuff? If you cant pay for it do you really need it? In general most people will spend more when paying with credit vs. paying in cash at the time of purchase. No it is not a religious thing. People can and will do what they want, it is just a personal choice I make.

DuallyVette
07-04-2009, 12:30 AM
Im not affraid of debt I just choose to not use it. It is a matter of simplicity in life. Why not pay cash for stuff? If you cant pay for it do you really need it? In general most people will spend more when paying with credit vs. paying in cash at the time of purchase. No it is not a religious thing. People can and will do what they want, it is just a personal choice I make.

You have a good perspective on debt. I wouldn't pay interest on something that I didn't need. But if a truck died(or was killed) I would pay what I needed to stay in business. (I grew up in a "used vehicle is buying someone elses problem" family.)