PDA

View Full Version : 2005 72" Ferris IS5000 33.5 Cat Diesel 960 hours $4200

retrodog
06-24-2009, 01:21 AM
I am listing this for a fellow LCO, Blue Collar Services. They are simply selling it to make room on their trailer for a Bad Boy. $4200 This is what they owe on it at the bank. It is an incredible price on this machine from what I have seen in the market. Wasn't sure on the year model, but after looking at the serial #, 05 was my best guess. It is located in Paris, tx, and the 960 hours might be more as it is being used right now. After checking it out today, the water reservoir overflow tank is cracked, the air filter housing latches are busted (held on by bungees), the deck needs to be raised up (they cut very low, so the deck is dropped quite a bit), looks like a bushing might be ate up on the left side a arm on the back (has a little play), and they have bypassed the safety switches (as they do on all their mowers). I mowed on it today, and this is one of the best LCO's in our area (seems like every "wow" yard, they service it). They recently replaced all spindles, the dreaded fan belt......pain in neck, and serviced it out at the Ferris dealer. It is being used everyday with no engine issue at all so far. Noticed they welded reinforcement on the front parts of the frame, they said the welds kept breaking. If interested just call me 580-317-7672, or pm me, and I will answer any questions (thats my cell). Nick is very busy, so I will screen calls for him to see if you are interested. One of my friends is gonna check it out in the morning, so it looks like its gonna go pretty quick, definately the most comfortable mower I have ever rode on (although the BB is pretty dang close, but you save around $6000 and get a 4 cylinder cat on the BB.....)

retrodog
06-24-2009, 01:45 AM
I found the other pics I took with my phone, One the welds breaking, I meant to say that was why they had to reinforce, the front of the frame just wasn't stout enough to support the weight of the mower. Again, not 100% its an 05, but pretty sure, if anyone knows how to check the serial, just pm me, and I will shoot the serial to you.

retrodog
06-25-2009, 11:23 PM
bump, I talked Nick into putting a new water reservoir, air filter cover, and replace the bushing that was bad, as far as raising the deck up, he said he would leave it to the buyer, as he is happy with it so low. Still the same price, surely someone will jump on this, heck the engine is worth $4000 by itself surely with 900 hours! I have to go to Little rock the end of the week to pick up a MTV, so I would be willing to let it ride on my trailer to meet someone......

Mowingman
06-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Now that is one heck of a deal. Someone should jump on this quick. And, I don't even like Ferris machines.

retrodog
06-26-2009, 02:30 AM
Now that is one heck of a deal. Someone should jump on this quick. And, I don't even like Ferris machines.

Hey mowman, where are you located at? Ask around for me, he is jumping up and down to get a new one. The major issue here is that the closest dealer to us is four brothers in royse city or terrell. Nick has to order parts out of new york or somewhere, and it takes a little bit to get to them. He said he loves the engine and the way the mower mows, after nearly 1000 hours not one issue with the motor, but he said there seems to be something every couple of weeks with the mower, and just a pain in the neck to get parts. And he wants to get on the Bad Boy train with all us other guys :walking:

retrodog
06-26-2009, 02:32 AM
I saw him mowing at the Honda dealership with it today, and it leaves a nice cut, close, but nice....

Mowingman
06-26-2009, 07:46 AM
I am in Denton. We have a dealer for Ferris down in Lewisville. The Univ. Of North Texas has several of those big Ferris diesels in their mower fleet.
If I hear of anyone looking for a big diesel, I will pass the word about this machine.

retrodog
07-01-2009, 11:57 PM
Mower sold, thanks for the help guys!