PDA

View Full Version : New Project - Photos - 100% LED

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-24-2009, 04:44 AM
I have finally got off my butt and begun to take more photos of my recent work. This is a huge job we completed late last year. It is 100% lit with LED lamps.

I will have to return and shoot the house and patios when the client has the interior lighitng on as it looks like a dark scary castle without some glow coming through the windows. These are a pretty good sample of the landscape lighting work around the property.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-24-2009, 04:49 AM
Here are some more....

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-24-2009, 04:55 AM
Here are some more...

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-24-2009, 05:01 AM
A few more... :)

BrandonV
06-24-2009, 06:26 AM
looks amazing as always.

Lite4
06-24-2009, 08:24 AM
Cool, the trees look amazing! Nice job James.

JoeyD
06-24-2009, 02:03 PM
I have to say James!! It looks really good!! What LED are those? Your new one or the Kumho?

NiteTymeIlluminations
06-24-2009, 02:28 PM
very nicely down...that's alot of pictures...how much conduit did you lay?

David Gretzmier
06-24-2009, 02:48 PM
James, you really have to stop doing these starter homes and do some nicer houses. everyone know that a real nice place up there has at least 3 outdoor fireplaces. and that outdoor kitchen, grill, what, only 16-20 feet long? so underdone.

The spread and color of the lights looks good, maybe just a hair on the white side of perfect. It looks like a halogen at 12-12.3 volts, so a good white. I'm just used to that lower voltage 11-11.5 yellower color.

and Hey- That's my Lexus ! GS 400,460 I think.

great work on the trees and home as always.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-24-2009, 09:53 PM
I have to say James!! It looks really good!! What LED are those? Your new one or the Kumho?

Joey, this job was installed last year. Those are the Kumho Luxxo LED MR16 lamps that I used. The very slightly cool colour temperature of those lamps looks really good in a natural landscape, but I have the differences licked with my new LED Lamp. They are smack dab on 2800K rather than the 3100K of the Kumho product.

Bottom line is that LED Lamps DO work... I assure you they perform very well when installed in existing better to best quality fixtures. No need to re-invent the wheel with proprietary LED Fixtures. .

Lite4
06-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Hey James, what's with all the striations on the walls. Is that from the LED or the fixtures? Does the use of spread lenses adversely effect the performance of the LEDs?

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Tim, I noticed them too at first. (not many people pick up on them when walking through the property 'live'.) I used the CM-125 bullet on this job and the printed pattern on the lens seems to play with the beam spread of the lamp a bit. There is also a reflection that comes from the inner surface of the shroud. (I suspect this will decrease as the brass patinas)

The bullets are mounted only 16" away from the wall in order to pick up the relief of the stone walls... In this application I think a different fixture would be best.

Live and Learn.

Alan B
06-25-2009, 09:23 AM
James-

I think they look GREAT and the striations are inconsequential/splitting hairs. You are a talented designer.

I'm still not convinced that LED's are good for the customer but will make a new post as not to derail.

Beautiful work and great showcase of the possiblities of LED's

Sincerely,

Alan

Pro-Scapes
06-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Looks great but please in the future never egg any of us for uplighting a home when you just did the same thing :)

The brass will indeed become less reflective as the fixture ages. You will notice a difference on homes or other solid semi flat surfaces if you go to the antiqued finish. If I use raw brass ones I pre patina the shroud area if I need to uplight something it will be noticable on. Keep in mind with a typical faceted reflector of a halogen that silkscreening works well to help soften the edges of the lamp spread.

Has to be GREAT dealing with no ambient light. Last job I completed had a MH street light in the front yard. Homeowner is fighting with city to have them removed.

Lite4
06-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Hey Billy, what are you refering to when you say 'silk screening'? I usually just use a lense to 'smooth' out the beam.

Thanks,

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Looks great but please in the future never egg any of us for uplighting a home when you just did the same thing :)

Billy, in 11 years in this biz, with well over 350 properties of this calibre that I have worked on I have never used uplighting and wall washing as I did here. It is not something that I normally would do but this home, being 100% stone from the foundations to the soffits cried out for some highlighting. It is also the look that the client wanted for the property. (Normally my clients prefer a more discreet and demure look.... this property is set on a private lake and he has no neighbours to worry about)

If you look carefully, I also used a lot of down light wall washing from the peaks of the gables in order to achieve the look. This is more typical of my approach on standard frame & log homes.

NightLightingFX
06-26-2009, 02:04 PM
James
Looks great. On that last picture, the down lights look like they are a little bit different color (a little more bluer). Are the up lights really LEDs?
~Ned