PDA

View Full Version : Red Thread cure=46-0-0 in 93F temps?????

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
06-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Had a customer call today who had read thread in thier lawn. I advised her that conditions favoring it's growth would go away soon, but if she wanted to pony up the cash, I could hit it with fungecide treatment. Well, she did't want to spend the money & said she would just wait it out. Today I get a call & she tells me she called the "experts" a local lawn & garden center who also happens to be the biggest lco in the area. The said what she needs is a heavy dose of 46-0-0 to green it up & could do it today........Today the temp here is 93F:dizzy:

I snapped back at here a little bit & told her I would NEVER do that. Does this kind of sh!t piss you off too? I hate when I get those calls:hammerhead:

RABBITMAN11
06-24-2009, 06:35 PM
You should tell her maybe you should try it! LOL:hammerhead::hammerhead:

ant
06-24-2009, 07:28 PM
1/4 lb. of N will push it out.

greendoctor
06-25-2009, 02:41 AM
The moment a client tells me how to treat a problem, odds are they will soon be dealing with that problem and any others themselves, without my help. I am surprised that she was not told to use something more politically correct than 46-0-0. In my area the only grass inherently resistant to disease is Astroturf. Therefore, fungicide applications are factored into my prices so I do not lose the shirt off my back applying 3336 or Insigina to a lawn.

The 46-0-0 in 93 degree weather sound dangerous on a cool season lawn. I know that in your area it is not common for a lawn to be on a full coverage irrigation system either. Not even I apply 46-0-0 to a lawn at any time unless there is an irrigation system to water it in and keep the soil damp for the next week.