PDA

View Full Version : keep people off of turf prob.

Lemonds
04-10-2002, 06:50 PM
I have a property where the manager wants to keep the kids from walking and riding bikes on turf. I have seen short posts with chains connecting them together, bordering the turf. Where can i get these Or what suggestions does anyone have.

Thanks,
Chris

NNJLandman
04-10-2002, 07:31 PM
I could better help you if you could please describe the land better. Such as if it is a large area or a small area.......then i could give you some helpful hints as how to tend to the problem

Lanelle
04-10-2002, 07:33 PM
Large anit-pedestrian shrubs--thorny ones that are evergreen. Wintergreen barberry, Ilex cornuta Rotunda, Pyracantha. Yes, bollards and chains might work also.
Where in Virginia are you?

LawnLad
04-10-2002, 08:21 PM
Is this a corner or a cut through lot? Where does the traffic come from and where are they going? What kind of budget?

The bollards and chains work, but are fairly unattractive. So is if it's a more commercial/industrial area it may not matter. High end retail may require something a little different.

Evan528
04-10-2002, 11:38 PM
Fire thorn should keep them off!:D

BigJim
04-11-2002, 07:08 AM
What about a sign saying "Keep Off the Grass":D

Russo
04-11-2002, 01:18 PM
What kind of property is this? If it's an apartment community or something similar, don't even bother. The manager would do better to send warning letters and start fining tenants who break rules if they are really serious. Kids are gonna be kids.

Bring on some more info......How much area? Got a pic?