PDA

View Full Version : LED Bulb

djt22
06-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Can someone recommend an led bulb for Coach and Post lights? Looking for one close to an A19 bulb but in LED. Thanks

JoeyD
06-25-2009, 12:28 PM
A quick search turned this up.....

http://www.ecosmartinc.com/catled/catlite20_A19.htm

JoeyD
06-25-2009, 12:29 PM
http://www.theledlight.com/A19-led-bulb.html

djt22
06-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks Joey, Internet access is limited during the day. Anyone have any experience with them.

JoeyD
06-25-2009, 02:06 PM
No problem! Good luck!

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-25-2009, 04:02 PM
Whoa nelly! Hold your horses there... Just because you can find an LED lamp that looks like it will replace an A-Lamp, and just because the website you find it on claims that their lamp will do the job does not stand for much.

I have been searching for a decent LED based A-Lamp replacement for years. I have tested dozens and dozens of them here. I have found two amazing lines but neither are listed for use here in N. America (yet). Remeber we are talking about 120V products so they must be listed!

All of the test units I have here at my shop either run way too hot, or they offer limited output or they are very cold white. Nothing I would install at any of my clients.

There is one very good unit available out of Boca Ratone, the Earth LED EvoLux lamp is very good and I use them here at home. But we are talking about a $95 light bulb! Not something I think most people are ready for.

There are some decent PAR20 and PAR30 LED lamps now available, but they do not come with appropriate listings. Use at your own risk, but certainly do not sell and install these!

The product that Joey found is listed and is more reasonably priced, but when you look at the warm white output at 240 Lumens you have to know that the light output is equivalent to a 25W incandescent. Even in "Daylight White" (which I assure you will be well over 4100K) that lamp is about as bright as a 40W incandescent.

djt22
06-25-2009, 04:22 PM
James, I am glad you responded I just realized I left out and important part this is for a 12volt system. Sorry Joey :hammerhead:

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
06-25-2009, 04:45 PM
I dont know of any LED A-Lamp replacements for 12Volt applications. I am currently engineering both a T5 Wedge and an SCB LED Lamp for use specifically in 12Vac lighting systems. Getting the right output combined with a solid state driver squeezed onto an effective heat sink that fits inside mini-fixtures like post lights etc is fun! I am convinced we will have this solved before the end of the year.

The G4 Bi-Pin LED lamp is a big sucess.