PDA

View Full Version : Finally found a foam marker I like!

Terraformer
06-25-2009, 02:48 PM
At last... I found a compact, reasonably price and flexible foam marker that I can use for larger properties. Unit is priced a $259.00, but I also ordered a 12 volt 3-way solenoid used on their larger systems. For an addition $55.00 I will be able to control left and right independently. I'll make the modifications and control box to suit my application.

I'm really excited. No more stress/worry about missing an area or overlapping to much. Though I'd share the information with you guys running larger Z's and T3000's. BTW - company was super to work with. Here's the link:

www.cropcareequipment.com

Josh.S
06-25-2009, 05:22 PM
That's awesome. Thanks for posting it. I will have to get one when I get a Z (or maybe T).

rcreech
06-25-2009, 10:29 PM
That's awesome. Thanks for posting it. I will have to get one when I get a Z (or maybe T).

Or maybe T????? :laugh:

LT Rich already has a custom made foam marker for the Z. It is a very nice unit.

It will cover about 4 acres if the correct soap/water ratio is used.

Terraformer
06-25-2009, 11:14 PM
Yup... I was aware that LT Rich offered a foamer. I just thought some people may want to look at some other options. The model I bought (F2500 w/2.5 gallon foam tank) has the same compressor and other parts that are interchangeable with all their larger Ag units. In my case, I'll probably add a 3-point sprayer to my Kubota tractor at some future point. When I do, I will only need to come up with a larger foam tank, some fitting and larger hoses. I like the idea of not having to buy 2 complete foam markers.

Josh.S
06-25-2009, 11:15 PM
Or maybe T????? :laugh:

LT Rich already has a custom made foam marker for the Z. It is a very nice unit.

It will cover about 4 acres if the correct soap/water ratio is used.

Well I'm still thinking :laugh:

I know that LT Rich has one, but that sucker is basically $500....

I'll spend money where it counts but if this marker would work equally as well then why not. Will have to look at it better though before I buy it.

rcreech
06-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Who is the freak that keeps posting shoe info????

Before I knew that LT Rich offered a foamer I was going to add a foamer to my Z like I have on my tractor. In talking with LT Rich they said it would pull too many amps and would cause problems.

You might check with them first to make sure it will work.

RC

Terraformer
06-25-2009, 11:54 PM
Who is the freak that keeps posting shoe info????

Before I knew that LT Rich offered a foamer I was going to add a foamer to my Z like I have on my tractor. In talking with LT Rich they said it would pull too many amps and would cause problems.

You might check with them first to make sure it will work.

RC

I was wondering the same thing about the shoe post RC. Maybe we have to born in the U.K. to understand the message?

EVM
06-26-2009, 12:25 AM
I was told the foam marker for the Z is a pita. The emitter clogs if the unit sits for a day. The emitter is a pita to un clog.

sprayboy
06-26-2009, 07:33 AM
I had that problem last year, it had to sit longer than a day though.

I was using dawn dish soap, after the clogs I switched to the cheapest off brand I could find.....no problems since.

rcreech
06-26-2009, 07:48 AM
I was told the foam marker for the Z is a pita. The emitter clogs if the unit sits for a day. The emitter is a pita to un clog.

I have used Richway foam markers for over 5 years now and not had any clogging issues.

I have used the one on my Z now for probably 2 months and had no issues.

The key is to run warm water through the system and clean it every few weeks.

I found several years ago that I get the best foam from using Palmolive. I tried a few others and just couldn't get a good nice drop.

Grandview
06-26-2009, 07:52 AM
I have the one gallon model on my Intermediate. I have had it for 3 months and it has worked well. I bought a Richway four gallon model for my Max. I was having troubles with it this spring with a solenoid sticking. Richway did say it might be drawing to many amps. If I had to do it over I would have gone with the one gal model installed my LT-Rich. I spent way to much time and money mounting it. My advice. Get a foamer that meets the needs of your piece of equipment. Pulling a foamer off one piece and moving to another is time consuming and will cost you. The one gal model that LT rich has is a great and compact unit.

rcreech
06-26-2009, 08:20 AM
I have the one gallon model on my Intermediate. I have had it for 3 months and it has worked well. I bought a Richway four gallon model for my Max. I was having troubles with it this spring with a solenoid sticking. Richway did say it might be drawing to many amps. If I had to do it over I would have gone with the one gal model installed my LT-Rich. I spent way to much time and money mounting it. My advice. Get a foamer that meets the needs of your piece of equipment. Pulling a foamer off one piece and moving to another is time consuming and will cost you. The one gal model that LT rich has is a great and compact unit.

Totally agree!

Why try and reinvent the wheel? It can cost you a lot time and money in the end and technically the work is already done.

Just buy it and mount it. Had my foamer on my Z in 20 minutes and works like a dream!

grassmasterswilson
06-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Which model Richway foam marker does LT Rich use? Where do they mount it on the Z. I have the Junior with a very cheap marker system right now that doesn't drop enough "foam balls" consistently enough. I was thinking about upgrading.

rcreech
06-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Which model Richway foam marker does LT Rich use? Where do they mount it on the Z. I have the Junior with a very cheap marker system right now that doesn't drop enough "foam balls" consistently enough. I was thinking about upgrading.

Can't remember the model..but something like a 2201 maybe.

Here is the link to show a pic of my foam marker. It is the 3rd pic down.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=278910&highlight=z+tank

Another thing could be to use a little less soap. The more soap you use the farther your tank will go but the less drops you will get.

ZSpray Info
06-26-2009, 04:54 PM
We use a Richway LTRF-2010 1 gallon foam marker. We sell for $410

turf hokie
06-26-2009, 07:54 PM
I put the 1 gallon on my max this spring. mounts right in front of the hose reel like it was meant to be there. I dont know what I did the last 3 years without it.

grassman177
06-26-2009, 11:32 PM
ok, the Lt RIch and Rodney!!??

what is the ratio you are using with the soap in the one gallon . i too have the one from the zspray guys. i realy like it, but sometimes the foam is too thick to drop nicly. sometimes added water works, other times later in the day it works. i cant say i have spent any time to figure out the ratio. a little help would be greatly appreciated. warm water through the whole system while on correct?! i have never doen this and will before next use. other than that, reccomendations please as it has been frustrating not being able to use it on the real large places i sprayed last week!

Grandview
06-27-2009, 07:34 PM
ok, the Lt RIch and Rodney!!??

what is the ratio you are using with the soap in the one gallon . i too have the one from the zspray guys. i realy like it, but sometimes the foam is too thick to drop nicly. sometimes added water works, other times later in the day it works. i cant say i have spent any time to figure out the ratio. a little help would be greatly appreciated. warm water through the whole system while on correct?! i have never doen this and will before next use. other than that, reccomendations please as it has been frustrating not being able to use it on the real large places i sprayed last week!

I use heat wave. Directions are 1 oz per gallon. I use one glug per gallon. If it is runny I add another glug. In the fall I get good foam with 1/2 glug. Hope that helps.

rcreech
06-27-2009, 08:09 PM
I use heat wave. Directions are 1 oz per gallon. I use one glug per gallon. If it is runny I add another glug. In the fall I get good foam with 1/2 glug. Hope that helps.

Funny you glug.....:laugh:

Because I squeeze the bottle for 3 seconds!!! :laugh:

It makes the perfect foam ball and lasts a lot longer!

grassman177
06-27-2009, 09:07 PM
well, that is what i do but like i said the problems i am having. do you think it is just a rinse through issue. nice warm water flushing throughf or a minute? sound right or any other suggestions?

Grandview
06-27-2009, 09:15 PM
If the foam is to thick, do not add as much. If it runs add foam. Maybe its the foam you are using. Try a different brand. Follow the directions as a starting point.

FdLLawnMan
06-27-2009, 09:56 PM
I found using soft water to be a huge difference. I carry 2 2.5 gallon jugs of soft water at 2 oz's per gallon in my Richway on my boom sprayer.

turf hokie
06-27-2009, 10:18 PM
I use the foam from lesco/jdl and just eye ball it. Make sure your cap is on tight. I have found that if I dont really crank down on it the foam does not come out right.

rcreech
06-27-2009, 10:44 PM
well, that is what i do but like i said the problems i am having. do you think it is just a rinse through issue. nice warm water flushing throughf or a minute? sound right or any other suggestions?

I think that will help you!

If not...call Richway and they will help you. I think Mike is the guy's name I talk to.

grassman177
06-28-2009, 08:00 AM
thanks guys, i will try it today and let you all know. the cap is tight i have found if it is not then the foam comes out the cap insteado f the emitters. pretty easy to tell i think. peace!

Grandview
06-28-2009, 09:31 AM
I found using soft water to be a huge difference. I carry 2 2.5 gallon jugs of soft water at 2 oz's per gallon in my Richway on my boom sprayer.

It does take less marker using soft water. I just add extra marker. If your water is extremely hard it might make a difference.