PDA

View Full Version : New Truck

cjme
06-25-2009, 01:54 PM
i just got a new 08 chevy it has the towing package and snow prep 5.3 v8 i want 2 know what snow blade to get

SKYNYRD
06-25-2009, 07:21 PM
gonna need a lot more information than that buddy. is it 1/2, 3/4 or full ton? do you wanna do driveways or parking lots? do you know what brands your closest most realiable dealers carry?

ZTR_Diesel
06-25-2009, 08:38 PM
Yep - details help out. It's not time wasted, we would like to help, but don't know where to start.

Thanks,

WH401
06-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Has to be a half ton, you can't get the 5.3 in a 3/4 ton and up. But like others said, you need to give more information.

SKYNYRD
06-25-2009, 11:29 PM
Has to be a half ton, you can't get the 5.3 in a 3/4 ton and up. But like others said, you need to give more information.

if it's a half ton (the following is just one mans opinion) you def want a straight blade, i would def get either timbrens or some other form of front suspension helpers and i would probably lean towards a western. i feel they're easier on the front end of the truck than a fisher because of where the bulk of the weight is on the blade. again just my opinion. you're probably better off with a 7'6 but, get an 8 if the truck will handle it. fisher makes a plow designed for 1/2 tons so you may want to consider that as well. best of luck with your choice, feel free to ask more questions:waving:

ProTouch Groundscapes
06-25-2009, 11:42 PM
almost all the plow manufacturers make models to fit everything from compact trucks and up.

pick a good dealer. all the top manufacturers make an awesome plow, We use a blizzard 810 power plow, a meyer 8' straight blade and a Boss 9'2" V vblade.

the blizzard dealer sucks, he tells us that our warranty ran out on our plow b/c we bought it when blizzard was only doing 1 yr commercial warranties and now they went to 2 yrs. total pain in the arse to deal with but the plow can sure move alot of snow.

our boss plow had its first season and was excellent as well. some paint was flaking off the moldboards, im used to this after using meyer plows, so i ask the dealer for some touch up paint. he tells me they dont sell it b/c boss paint jobs are tough enough to not need it. long story short, he asks me to bring him the plow, he takes pictures, sends it to Boss, same day Boss responds saying they are shipping out new wings and they will install them on my plow. Awesome dealer and awesome manufacturer. We will be going with Boss blades on our 3/4 tons and up and using blizzards on the larger trucks for lots albeit with a different dealer.

tbi
06-26-2009, 08:09 PM
We ran Fishers for over 40 years with a few Boss, Western and Meyers mixed in. Then 2 years ago we tried a 8.5' Hiniker poly Vee. 4 plows later no problems other than operator error and they do work better than a Fisher and are lighter and cheaper.

dadertgf
07-15-2009, 04:47 PM
boss v plow