PDA

View Full Version : Concrete Border

jmcooper
04-10-2002, 08:39 PM
Anyone have an idea of what concrete border cost to install? I have a customer that wants it but I don't do it. I told him I would try to get some pricing to see if he was still interested. He's needing about 170 feet installed.

mxrdrvr3
04-10-2002, 09:02 PM
I might be able to help you but I need more info what kind of boarder such as sidewalk ....small wall..ect...ect post exactly what needs to be done:D

jmcooper
04-10-2002, 09:40 PM
About 40 feet will be around a sidewalk and the rest around an area with a tree and flowers. Something like this link, the second picture from the bottom.

http://www.igin.com/Landscaping/curbing.html

tramahor
04-10-2002, 11:55 PM
4" wide 2.90 lf ($493.00) $500.00 out the door....:blush:

mxrdrvr3
04-12-2002, 09:21 AM
I wouldnt know how to price that. looks exspensive as there are to ways to do that.

1. A slip form machine like what is shown in that pic, but that will be time consuming unless you unload the truck into the machine as u go.

2. Form it all up, wheel barrel it to the forms and shovel it in. Again very time consuming

Also keep in mind that many concrete companys have what is called a small load charge for not taking a full load in the truck, thus making your concret price more per yard. Figure what you will need then call the concrete plant and ask how much and go from there. Also always over order your concrete by atleast 1/2 yard, if you dont and fall short 2-3 wheel barrels you will have to wait around for another truck, most crete plants will not batch less than a yard and I know at my plant if you only get a yard of crete it will cost you about 300 bucks. Plus the time it will cost you to wait for the truck. so its cheaper to just spend the extra 50 bucks and have more than enough(send the extra back on the truck)