PDA

View Full Version : Watched TG

RigglePLC
06-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Watched TruGreen guy June 24, temp 88. He sprayed something on grass. Wearing gloves and probably boots. (But not sure as his pant legs were pulled down over his ankles). Then I was surprized, as he got out a back pack sprayer (no gloves) and sprayed weeds along the edges of the yard.

Why would they go to the trouble of spraying liquid fertilizer and not apply overall weed control?

turf hokie
06-26-2009, 08:54 PM
My first thought, as I just did a blanket app on over 200 houses is cost. It adds up fast to blanket weed control at ~ .50 per k. on a 200k route that is $100 per day to blanket vs. $20? to spot so a difference of $80 per day X 5 days = $400. Heck thats probably more than they are paying the poor SOB

LawnoftheMonth
06-26-2009, 11:09 PM
i rarely just blanket a lawn with weed control, i spot treat as needed.

grassman177
06-26-2009, 11:20 PM
i saw a tG tech one day out stopping across the street from where we were mowing. he had the tanker truck and stopped and proceded to get out to spray the lawn. that was cool, but it was like 20 mph winds taht day!!! i shut off my mower and drove up tot he guy and quite frankly told him to drive back to his shop location as if i saw him anywhere in that area the rest of the day i was calling the state on his ass. that is complete crap and i was not kidding. they are completly rediculous with there ethics.

Heidi J.
06-28-2009, 11:06 AM
i saw a tG tech one day out stopping across the street from where we were mowing. he had the tanker truck and stopped and proceded to get out to spray the lawn. that was cool, but it was like 20 mph winds taht day!!! i shut off my mower and drove up tot he guy and quite frankly told him to drive back to his shop location as if i saw him anywhere in that area the rest of the day i was calling the state on his ass. that is complete crap and i was not kidding. they are completly rediculous with there ethics.

They have no ethics.. that's the problem!:hammerhead: We have Custom Lawn care in our area.. they are not much better, turning into the same thing. The thing is when I do an estimate against TG I am fine, we are always cheaper, but Custom are low ballers.. but that's okay, their qaulity of work sucks and this year, I picked up about 15 of their customers we bid against last year.. guess they were not happy:dancing:

Jason Rose
06-28-2009, 11:58 AM
If I had to guess what he was doing, probably spot (edge) spraying for crabgrass. You would know by the smell if he was. They would have no reason to tank mix a grassy weed killer in with the mix.

No, I don't support CL either.

dishboy
06-28-2009, 07:04 PM
So now we are complaining someone is only spraying targets.
Before TGCL got the boot on my lawns one of my problems with them was the sign that said stay off until dry with no date. Since every morning until the middle of June lawns have dew until 10:00 a.m., so I need rubber on my feet or not?

americanlawn
06-29-2009, 10:30 PM
It's awfully convenient to "b!tch- slap" outfits like TruGreen. IMO, threads like these are a way for struggling "small fry's" to let off their frustrations. I see TruGreen guys wearing tall rubber boots, long sleeves, rubber gloves, and everything else in 90 degree temps. Come on -- let us be reasonable. These guys are probably more compliant than most.

grassman177
06-29-2009, 11:05 PM
depends on where you are at larry, here they are rolling up the sleeves, wearing tennis shoes, spraying in the rain and wind, applying to snow. you name it, one huge law breaker. i would like to see the state get on them for this. you are right, it is easy to pick on idiots.:)

cod8825
06-29-2009, 11:10 PM
Every time I drive by a TruGreen truck and look at the technician inside all I see is puppy dog eyes screaming "Get me outta here"

PSUTURFGEEK
06-30-2009, 12:07 AM
Going back to the cost per thousand for TGCL to blanket spray a lawn with weed control. They are usually buying 250 gallon totes of weed control and the cost per acre is like 4-5 dollars. So when they are spot treating it's more than likely a compliance issue as well if it's a 24d product and they are going to be using it again later in the year.