PDA

View Full Version : I need a Weed Wacker...now

PtBrynes808
06-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Alright, so i've got all the equipment i need at the moment, except for a gas powered trimmer. I've got an electric Grass Hog that works fantastic, but i don't want to take the five miles of extension cords to every damn job, you know? So, I need a cheap one that i can get quick. I looked at those Weed Eaters for about 60 bucks they sell at Wal*Mart, but i've gotten many mixed reviews. I also have a Ryobi 425r sitting in my garage, but there's no head on it. I figured that for the price it'd take to get a head for that one, i could just buy a new (but obviously used) one. I need some suggestions please.

NewHorizon's Land
06-27-2009, 12:14 AM
The weedeater brand wont hold up. its not intended for the hard use we put them through. Go buy a Sthil, Echo, etc.

PtBrynes808
06-27-2009, 09:42 AM
So about my other question, do you think i should even bother finding a head for the Ryobi sitting in my garage?

Stillwater
06-27-2009, 10:56 AM
So about my other question, do you think i should even bother finding a head for the Ryobi sitting in my garage?

if your budget is 0 dollars go to walmart and buy a head get it over with,

Scag413
06-27-2009, 01:17 PM
Honestly spend the $300 for a new commercial weedeater and you wont have to replace it or worry about it breaking down for years to come

QualityLawnCare4u
06-27-2009, 01:33 PM
You do NOT want one of those cheap box stores non commercial ones. I been there and tried that! I actually had one from wally world to last only two days and they are gutless in power. Go ahead and spend around 250 and get you a good commercial one and be done with it, you will not be sorry. I would not even buy a cheap one if I was a homeowner and just doing my yard.

Yater
06-27-2009, 03:15 PM
redmax, echo, stihl, kawasaki, et cetera....you'll flog one of those cheapos the second you have to knock down an out-of-control yard. Pay the $200 or so and get something that works. A cheap chainsaw may be ok, but you'll be using that trimmer all day, every day.

Tom'sLandscapeDesign
06-27-2009, 03:50 PM
I actually have a Head/Gearbox from a Ryobi trimmer in my garage I could sell ya for a few bucks. The motor on that trimmer blew up so I threw it away, but kept the head/gearbox to see if I could put it on my RedMax but that didnt work..

PtBrynes808
06-27-2009, 06:40 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably just save a few bucks and get a new one that'll last a while.

Dodge2
06-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Yo, I was in the same position as you. I was looking at a new echo split shaft for 400 CAN, but when I was in princess auto I found a reconditioned Poulan brush cutter (30cc)for 79 CAN. Bought it and bought a trimmer line head for 25 and it works great, tons of power and had no troubles with it.

lyube
06-28-2009, 12:23 AM
I have 10 Redmax commercial trimmers for sale. 20$ a peice, need work.