PDA

View Full Version : Tucson Arizona

BPC
06-27-2009, 05:13 PM
Ok Tucson guys I need to know the state of the job market out there. I had planned on moving further north but with my wifes declining health it looks like I am heading back to Tucson to be closer to my family.

I have been living in Florida for the last 10 years doing irrigation and landscape lighting. With irrigation I have worked with all major manufacturers have my CIC through the IA along with a list of other certifications. When it comes to lights I have installed most major brands of lights, Kitchler, Unique, CAST, etc. and have actually done a designs and install for one of the old Mayors of Orlando and some other prominent residence here.

I know the market in AZ is about as bad as it is in Florida jut looking at some reports but I actually have a job here so what I am hoping to be able to do is find a job in the Tucson area.

Any thoughts? Am I up the creek with a paddle? Should I learn to flip burgers?

BPC
07-02-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow not a single response that is scary. After doing a little more looking around the area I find it interesting that he only CIC's out there work for the UofA or RainBird. Might be time to check with them.

Az Gardener
07-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I don't know anyone on site from the ole pueblo. When are you planning on coming? I can ask around for you but in general it would have to pick up to be slow.

srmx
11-20-2009, 05:14 PM
2nd Az Gardener. Tough market. Plenty of people willing to work for very little just to keep something going.