PDA

View Full Version : Small (quality) commercial pump sprayer?

l3en007
06-28-2009, 02:17 AM
Looking for a small pump sprayer to keep on my lawn trailer for round up. I tried all the different round up ones at home depot and there junk. Any ideas? I want something small so i can just grab it off the trailer and shoot weeds real fast. Any ideas?!?!
thanks

greendoctor
06-28-2009, 03:12 AM
I keep a stainless steel B & G hand can for applications too small to be done with my skid sprayer or 7 gallon engine drive backpacks. This is frequently filled with my gravel and shrub area mix (RoundUp, Ronstar, Scythe). This sprayer costs almost $300, but it is the last one you will have to buy in your lifetime. All pump parts, trigger, hose and even the tank itself is replaceable. A B & G is what the structural PCO's use for their applications. Here in Hawaii, I am often mistaken for a PCO because of the B & in the back of the truck and the skid sprayer.

RigglePLC
06-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Is it just me? I like the cheap ones. Transparent is better because you can see the level and measure one gallon more accurately. Plastic never rusts, and...if its stolen or breaks--get a new one. It must be operable with gloves on. It must have an inline filter. One gallon is the best size. I prefer adjustable nozzle.

Jason Rose
06-28-2009, 11:05 AM
I need to find a new one as well... Last spring I bought a "fancy" Gilmour 3 gallon and the damn top was a cluster F to get to seal up. Tried to use it this year and no matter how I put the top on it the air leaked out. I got MAD and smashed the whole thing into the dumpster (after I emptied it into another sprayer). I like hand cans for spot spraying round-up. A lot easier to grab, spray, and put back compared to a backpack. Of course backpacks are another problem... I bought a new "Lesco" (chapin) BP sprayer this year. This thing is just as uncomfortable to use as they get. Handle is awkward, dosn't fit on my back comfortably... The old Solo I have is nice to wear, unless it's totally full, lol.

david shumaker
06-29-2009, 08:41 PM
I bought a small one at a farm supply store. I think it holds 2 quarts and is good for just mixing small quantities. I've seen them online also. I also have a 1 Gal, 2 Gal and a 5 gal backpack.

Morgana Leslie
06-30-2009, 02:42 PM
I bought one made by Stihl for only around $100. and I love the thing. If you actually read the instruction book and keep it in good shape it will last. I just had to replace the hose because it dry rotted, but then again....I use it A LOT. I went down to Huntington Hose and hydraulics and put a hose that will last ten years on the thing. The problem is most don't oil sprayers like they ought too, or clean them out with Dawn dish washing liquid and get the residue that builds up out of the inside of the tank.