PDA

View Full Version : Latest Job

ThePrivateGardener
06-28-2009, 12:18 PM
Still working on this particular project. Plantings, grass seed, and possibly a bocce ball court to come. Also limbing up trees to 40 feet for more sun. Dang sun was making it hard for pics to turn out good. I have one more sweeping of sand to do on it. Let me know what you think.

ThePrivateGardener
06-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Forgot to put on here the following. 6" of roadpack/Indot 53 stone compacted at every 2" with a 1 1/2" cement sand on top compacted/ re-screeded/compacted again. Pavers laid/edging place, sand swept in/compacted, more sand/compacted, more sand then watered. 3 days of cuts. Looks better in person, for some reason the pics came out with a lot of contrast on the brick joints.

Lite4
06-29-2009, 10:57 AM
Nice job on the paver inlay. Looks very nice! It looks like the homeowner could use some new pillars for the porch stoop also. What part of town is that, Carmel, Fishers?

ThePrivateGardener
06-29-2009, 09:46 PM
It's located around 71st and Keystone....and thank you.

Lite4
06-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Very cool. Welcome to Lawnsite!

Stone Creations
07-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Nice Job!..Lots of cuts..

DVS Hardscaper
07-05-2009, 10:55 PM
the inlay looks nice.

but the photograghy of the walkway is pathetic. Can't see the walkway, hard to tell how nice it is. Perhaps it may be helpful for you to stand on a step ladder, a 5 gal bucket, your helper's shoulders, or the tailgate of the truck when shooting pavements..............

D Felix
07-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Looks good.

However, you should be using 1" of sand- UNcompacted. I consider 6" of compacted stone a minimum around here, more if soils dictate. Did you use any geo-textile fabric? From the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like you are using polymeric sand- please don't tell me you are sweeping 23 sand into the joints!?!?!?

It's hard to tell, but you might want to consider cutting the soldier course pavers on the radius as well, it looks like your gap gets a bit on the large side in places. On something like that, we'll put up with 3/8" of gap on the outside edge, but generally shoot for tight joints whenever possible.

If you are new to this (and even if you have some experience) you might want to get with Todd at Schusters for their training schedule this winter.

OUTLANDER
11-19-2009, 11:02 PM
paver inlay is nice, but i can notice its not symetrical, its off...doing this you gotta be sure to be exact, or it stands out, to the trained eye at least...but nice job

PSUturf
11-21-2009, 01:51 PM
If you install a bocce court how do you plan to construct it? We did one e few years ago that turned out really nice. Used sand and crushed oyster shells for the surface. Made for an excellent playing surface.