PDA

View Full Version : red thread worst

RigglePLC
06-28-2009, 12:37 PM
This lawn has the worst case of red thread i have ever seen. Can you top this?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
06-28-2009, 01:06 PM
I took pics of a lawn the other day that looked WAY worse. My XD card is screwed up & I lost them. I'll have to see if I can get some more... Lawn was horrible & fungus was active-even though temps were in the 90's last week & they shut off their irrigation:confused:

I sprayed the lawn with Armada fungecide. I have seen the worst ever red thread lately. Usually see it in mid-late May-Not June!!

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
06-28-2009, 01:30 PM
OK I took some fresh pics. This isn't the worse one, but it's pretty nasty! This is a few days after spraying Armada, so the fungus isn't active any longer.......

Whitey4
06-28-2009, 02:21 PM
I luckilly don't have any that bad, but around here, any is pretty much cardiac arrest time for my customers. Just about every lawn has some. Sure wish I could use Armada... maybe next year.

kirk1701
06-28-2009, 02:46 PM
This lawn has the worst case of red thread i have ever seen. Can you top this?

Maybe :rolleyes:
Maybe I can, you guys tell me, I'm fixing to post mine. Still yet to be determined.

grass4gas
06-28-2009, 10:07 PM
At what height is the grass being cut? Not sure, but it looks pretty short in those pics.

Cut the grass not less than 3 1/2", preferably at 4" and alot of this disease will not show.

This year has been a really good year for this disease. Apply .5lb of N/1000, water in, and cut high...the grass, not the operator, and this should help grow out the disease and ease your customers concerns. For severe cases, you should apply a fungus control to stop it from spreading.

If you are not in control of the cutting, make sure you let who ever does the cutting know, to make sure they cut tall, and be sure to educate your customers about this problem.

Jack

bx24
06-30-2009, 09:55 AM
Up here in Western MA, red thread and others are all over..The rain is a killer!

tremor
06-30-2009, 01:19 PM
Use a decent Slow N source & this won't happen. 30% Poly SCU is worthless in this weather. Might as well use straight urea, pocket the money saved, then tighten the application dates.

Aother option is to use 50% Nutralene.