PDA

View Full Version : Best coating for some river rocks along walkway?

bluemacaw2
06-28-2009, 11:34 PM
I just finished a project putting a path of small river rocks or pebbles that I got at home depot along a walkway with some landscaping lights......I noticed after spraying them with water all the colors start to show through very nicely....the reds,whites......browns.........etc......I figured I'd put some sort of acrylic gloss coating over them to retain the look and have the colors be seen more. My question now is what type of gloss coating etc should I get to spray them with and how long will it be before I may have to do this again.

thanks, Mike

bluemacaw2
06-29-2009, 08:37 AM
I guess I posted this in the wrong forum...??????:confused::confused:

B.O.S.man
06-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Use a high gloss concrete sealer, one that is used on exposed ag. drives.

bluemacaw2
07-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Use a high gloss concrete sealer, one that is used on exposed ag. drives.

cool thanks....any suggestions where to get best price for it?

2low4NH
07-02-2009, 02:31 PM
go to a masonry supplier they will have the best price. its not cheap. it wont last that long either. I use masonry luster you can get it in three shades as far as gloss its the best i have found so far.

B.O.S.man
07-02-2009, 11:37 PM
Thats the stuff, really expensive and will probably need recoated every year for the same shine. I think a five gallon bucket costs between $100 and $150 but it'll make it shine.

2low4NH
07-03-2009, 05:53 PM
yeah masonry luster is the best on the market as far as im concerned it holds up really really well. i just wish you could use it indoors.