PDA

View Full Version : How much?

Slcareco
06-29-2009, 05:00 PM
I have a design/install job to do and was curious what you guys would estimate based on what I tell you.

Basically the job consists of this:

Removing about 150ft worth of honey suckle vine on a metal fence, along with removing a 15 ft honey suckle tree.

A small leaf cleanup maybe a few green buckets full

470 sqft of rototilling or removing grass (should I remove it then roto till it? Im making a planting bed out of it)

about 150 ft of a 4" shovel edge

About 4.5 yards of organic matter and mulch at an install rate of 70/yard

What do you think?

Plants Ill just markup and price that way I havent designed it just yet.

Also how would you present these prices? What kind of Item names would you give say.... the honey suckle removal, call it "plant removal"?

Should everything be broken down like I just did?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Slcareco
06-30-2009, 12:39 PM
bump bump bump

Lawnut101
06-30-2009, 11:34 PM
I would probably figure about 3-4 man hours to take down the vine. I don't know about the tree, but would guess it would be worth a couple hundred. Then I would figure maybe an hour to clean up leaves (hard to tell from pics though). The rototilling will probably take you about 2-4 hours. I would think 2 would be most likely. Are you renting a big tiller? For the edge you may want to rent a bed edger. Around here it would cost me about $50 to rent an edger, but it would take less than a half hour to do it. With a shovel, it will take you a good 2-3 hours. So total, you would be looking at about 8 hours one day cleaning up and prepping, then another full day planting and spreading mulch. And maybe even a half day on top of that. So I would allow a good three days. So now take the hours I figured and multiply that by your hourly rate and you will have a good start for price. You can pm me with what you figure, and I will tell you if you are close to what I would charge.

CALandscapes
07-02-2009, 10:02 PM
I would detail the labor, then detail the material, and give a grand total price of $xxx.