PDA

View Full Version : 2002 GMC 2500HD 4x4 Diesel LOADED Central Florida

fool32696
06-29-2009, 09:58 PM
My personal truck is for sale. These days it only sees weekend duty pulling the boat and cruising around. Has anything you could want in a truck.
http://gainesville.craigslist.org/cto/1244279236.html

fool32696
06-30-2009, 09:08 AM
Here's a pic for the lazy that don't want to click a link.

ferris09
07-07-2009, 09:22 PM
Your jokeing about the price right ?

THEGOLDPRO
07-07-2009, 11:38 PM
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/UsedCars/PricingReport.aspx?WebCategoryId=44&YearId=2002&Mileage=131000&VehicleClass=UsedCar&ManufacturerId=16&ModelId=118&PriceType=Private+Party&VehicleId=4101&SelectionHistory=4101%7c30953%7c06710%7c0%7c0%7c158822%7ctrue%7c158834%7ctrue%7c158856%7ctrue%7c1588 61%7ctrue%7c158898%7ctrue%7c158904%7ctrue%7c158938%7ctrue%7c158943%7ctrue%7c159090%7ctrue%7c159097%7 ctrue%7c159112%7ctrue&Condition=Good&QuizConditions=

THEGOLDPRO
07-07-2009, 11:39 PM
he must be joking... this is a joke right????

4.3mudder
07-07-2009, 11:51 PM
Extra price is most likely for the lift, tires, and rims.

THEGOLDPRO
07-08-2009, 12:02 AM
all that was figured in with kbb. still 2 grand too high.

4.3mudder
07-08-2009, 12:03 AM
all that was figured in with kbb. still 2 grand too high.

Aww, didn't know you included that in the options.

THEGOLDPRO
07-08-2009, 12:06 AM
also you cant expect to make your money back on mods you made to the vehicle, you can add as much crap to it you want, its still a 15k dollar truck.

4.3mudder
07-08-2009, 12:12 AM
also you cant expect to make your money back on mods you made to the vehicle, you can add as much crap to it you want, its still a 15k dollar truck.

Also, just like restoring and old vehicle, same deal. Many of them you will never get your money back on it for the months spent on them. I know the feeling on that one.

GracesLandscaping
07-08-2009, 12:23 AM
Also, just like restoring and old vehicle, same deal. Many of them you will never get your money back on it for the months spent on them. I know the feeling on that one.

restoring an old vehicle, is like an investment unless you dont do it right or pick the wrong one... anyone ever watch barret jackson? :confused: at classic car shows i see 57 chevys and 69 camaro with well over 50k invested sold for profits...

ferris09
07-08-2009, 08:11 AM
This would be a $12k truck at best with all of the stuff added to it. I can go a dealer around here and buy and 05 with less than 100k miles for less than $17.5k. I have an 04 Chevy that looks just like it and I can't pull that kind of money, more around $12.5k. Trucks are not selling like they used to.

Yeah you are right about restoring older cars and their prices, I am redoing a Challenger now, the parts are outrageous to complete it, but I have about 1/2 of what it's worth now in it.

THEGOLDPRO
07-08-2009, 10:49 AM
so yea he must be joking then. hahahahhah very funny, you got us.

got-h2o
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Man you guys need to relax. Nothing worse than a for sale ad turning into a debate, or an attack on the seller. It's a bit high for an 02, miles aren't squat on a diesel of any make, but I'd keep an eye out for those injectors if they're original. Do your research guys. Diamo 20's with MG's? $3,500 MINIMUM. Lift installed? $2,500 MINIMUM. System, etc... Aside from the system, it's similar stuff I do to trucks when I buy one. There's a lot of $$ sunk into this truck that the buyer wouldn't have to. If it's not your cup of tea, move on and go buy a stock $12k one. And as for the identical 04 with under 100k for $12.5k, give me a few details.........that's a steal.

ron mexico75
07-08-2009, 01:15 PM
Options do not matter. Regardless of how new they are or if you list what you paid. Ask any dealership around. If he were to trade that in bone stock or as is at a dealership, it wouldn't matter. Miles and condition play the biggest factor as well as what the demand is for certain vehicles.

Looks like a nice truck. A few more pics from different angles as well as interior shots, and in better quality would help.

got-h2o
07-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Options do not matter. Regardless of how new they are or if you list what you paid. Ask any dealership around. If he were to trade that in bone stock or as is at a dealership, it wouldn't matter. Miles and condition play the biggest factor as well as what the demand is for certain vehicles.

Looks like a nice truck. A few more pics from different angles as well as interior shots, and in better quality would help.

I've bought and sold more vehicles than you can imagine. That stuff counts, trust me. Maybe not as full value, but it counts. Sure, ask any dealer when you try and trade it in.............but then go look at it on the lot and they'll talk all day long about how many extras it has. If you believe car salesman's bull crap you've got a lot to learn about the business.

Trading it in is one thing. A private party sale is another.

got-h2o
07-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Oh yeah and the quality of pics is craigslist's fault. They're photo software sucks.

4.3mudder
07-08-2009, 01:29 PM
restoring an old vehicle, is like an investment unless you dont do it right or pick the wrong one... anyone ever watch barret jackson? :confused: at classic car shows i see 57 chevys and 69 camaro with well over 50k invested sold for profits...

Well, those vehicles that you mentioned are worth money, but there are lots of others people restore, or make into somewhat rat rod vehicles, that you can't get very much for them after the project is complete.

ron mexico75
07-08-2009, 01:41 PM
I've bought and sold more vehicles than you can imagine. That stuff counts, trust me. Maybe not as full value, but it counts. Sure, ask any dealer when you try and trade it in.............but then go look at it on the lot and they'll talk all day long about how many extras it has. If you believe car salesman's bull crap you've got a lot to learn about the business.

Trading it in is one thing. A private party sale is another.

Oh yeah, I wouldn't disagree with that. The dealer doesn't give you crap for upgrades but then they sell it at an outrageous mark up and push the upgrades.

As far as a private sale, who is going to spend that much more on a truck with upgrades when they could find one with less miles for cheaper stock and then choose to do upgrades at their own pace? Plus, a lift is a cost liability with all that can wear out on it as well as what the lift can wear out on the truck you know?

ron mexico75
07-08-2009, 01:47 PM
If you believe car salesman's bull crap you've got a lot to learn about the business.

No way buddy. I think car sales men are lower on the totem pole then telemarketers. I stopped believing what the salesmen told me the day after I bought my first car 17 years ago.

I guess what I should have said was you will never get the money you put into upgrades back when selling so don't make them to be a big part of the sale. Maybe you'll get a little return.

got-h2o
07-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I hear ya Ron, and I couldn't agree with you more. It sure is a good selling point though. As for lifts wearing out parts, it depends on what kind it is. On GM's most spindle type lifts are actually better than stock, full drops are a different story ;)

ron mexico75
07-08-2009, 02:44 PM
Just noticed you had a "fleet" of 3/4 tons. :laugh: I have a 2002 2500HD crew cab myself with the 6.0.

fool32696
07-08-2009, 07:44 PM
You guys have been having fun I see. I will only talk down to a seller who's item I'm actually considering buying an item. If you plan on buying I can see why you would say things to de-value my truck.

Ferris, I've already had a cash offer far over what you "say" my truck is worth. The truth is it hasn't been on the market long and I'm feeling things out. The worst mistake you can make is having your truck sell in less than one week. It basically means you priced it way too low. I don't NEED the money and have nothing but time.

GoldPro, do you have anything better to do with your life than to troll my thread? I know it must suck to drive 10+ year old Dodge gassers that aren't worth a dime, but go crap on another thread. Is $15k your offer or are you saying "if I had the money"? If it's your offer I'll take it into consideration. If you're dreaming, you're not buying so take your crap elsewhere.

To those of you telling me what a dealer would say, you're all idiots. You go trade in your truck and get taken advantage of with no lube, I'm happy taking other avenues. I usually do list my items a little higher than I think they will sell for. A real buyer can always ask for a lower price, but will never say I'll offer you $XXX over your asking price.

I'm always open to offers, does anyone want to step up or is everyone except H20 completely full of it?

Fannin's lawn mowing
07-08-2009, 08:00 PM
You guys have been having fun I see. I will only talk down to a seller who's item I'm actually considering buying an item. If you plan on buying I can see why you would say things to de-value my truck.

Ferris, I've already had a cash offer far over what you "say" my truck is worth. The truth is it hasn't been on the market long and I'm feeling things out. The worst mistake you can make is having your truck sell in less than one week. It basically means you priced it way too low. I don't NEED the money and have nothing but time.

GoldPro, do you have anything better to do with your life than to troll my thread? I know it must suck to drive 10+ year old Dodge gassers that aren't worth a dime, but go crap on another thread. Is $15k your offer or are you saying "if I had the money"? If it's your offer I'll take it into consideration. If you're dreaming, you're not buying so take your crap elsewhere.

To those of you telling me what a dealer would say, you're all idiots. You go trade in your truck and get taken advantage of with no lube, I'm happy taking other avenues. I usually do list my items a little higher than I think they will sell for. A real buyer can always ask for a lower price, but will never say I'll offer you $XXX over your asking price.

I'm always open to offers, does anyone want to step up or is everyone except H20 completely full of it?

I'm not in the market to by your truck fool32696 but it sure is a "NICE" one!!! I think you are right on the nose with your comments about them raggity old Dodge pieces of crap. I would pull my trailer with a Toyota Tacoma before I would buy a Dodge. Their transmissions have been junk for over 10 years and Dodge doesn't care to do anything about it. A man would have to be an idiot for sure to own or drive one. Oh by the way I drive a 2007 Classic body style 2500HD with the Duramax/Allison. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY TRUCK!!!!! Thumbs Up

FIRESCOOBY
07-09-2009, 01:06 AM
I've figured out one thing about this forum is that some people come on here just to slam on other people.

If you don't have a "dog in the fight", then just keep your mouth shut!! If someone is selling something that is overpriced, then it either won't sell or someone will buy it for more than it's worth.

We have WAY too many people on here that thinks that they are experts in everything!!

Fannin's lawn mowing
07-09-2009, 11:43 PM
I've figured out one thing about this forum is that some people come on here just to slam on other people.

If you don't have a "dog in the fight", then just keep your mouth shut!! If someone is selling something that is overpriced, then it either won't sell or someone will buy it for more than it's worth.

We have WAY too many people on here that thinks that they are experts in everything!!

Dude what are you talking about "on here". That is the way it is everywhere in life. Get used to it I guess, otherwise you will be quite upset all of the time... Most people think that their opinion is the only one that matters. I myself like to hear everyones opinion then figure out where I stand on the issue...It's funner that way!!!!

FIRESCOOBY
07-09-2009, 11:46 PM
Dude what are you talking about "on here". That is the way it is everywhere in life. Get used to it I guess, otherwise you will be quite upset all of the time... Most people think that their opinion is the only one that matters. I myself like to hear everyones opinion then figure out where I stand on the issue...It's funner that way!!!!

DUDE...I just don't see the sense in busting someone's ba**s just to bit*h!!

fool32696
07-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Have a buyer extremely interested driving 2hrs to come see it tonight, some of you guys may be eating your words...

got-h2o
07-10-2009, 05:04 PM

He means ON HERE. There's a few other similar forums that it seems a lot of younger guys or know it all's always have their $.02 to add. It's usually those that either don't have squat, or are riding on daddy's or someone elses coat tails thinking they know better, when 99% of the time they do not. Not saying anyone here in particular, but that's how it seems to go sometimes. Get used to it? How about don't go around bashing other peoples things? There's no point in it. I'm on several forums, many that don't put up with it. It's simply about respecting others. Obviously some people weren't raised the same way as others.

DUDE...I just don't see the sense in busting someone's ba**s just to bit*h!!

X2!

FIRESCOOBY
07-10-2009, 05:38 PM
It's simply about respecting others. Obviously some people weren't raised the same way as others.

I think that's what a lot of it boils down to.

Fannin's lawn mowing
07-10-2009, 08:43 PM
He means ON HERE. There's a few other similar forums that it seems a lot of younger guys or know it all's always have their $.02 to add. It's usually those that either don't have squat, or are riding on daddy's or someone elses coat tails thinking they know better, when 99% of the time they do not. Not saying anyone here in particular, but that's how it seems to go sometimes. Get used to it? How about don't go around bashing other peoples things? There's no point in it. I'm on several forums, many that don't put up with it. It's simply about respecting others. Obviously some people weren't raised the same way as others.

X2!

I know what you are saying got h2o...My comment wasn't busting someones baIIs it was more like stating a fact that I know to be true!!! I'm not one of those young punk kids. I know what I said to be true... Dodge transmissions are terrible... I don't know for sure if firescooby is talking to me or not but if he is I think he is confused about what I'm trying to say!!!
I am also on several other sites and I'm a super moderator on one of them.

I DON'T LIKE TO SLAM PEOPLE AND THAT IS WHAT I'M TRYING TO EXPLAIN. SORRY TO ALL THAT MIGHT HAVE TAKEN IT THAT WAY....:waving:

FIRESCOOBY
07-10-2009, 09:13 PM
I don't know for sure if firescooby is talking to me or not but if he is I think he is confused about what I'm trying to say!!!

If I had been talking to you I would have quoted you. My comments were more directed at some of the other ba** busters/ know-it-alls that had posted.

BTW: I work in a firehouse, I can handle ba** busting and dish it as well...but sometimes the word respect comes into play.

THEGOLDPRO
07-10-2009, 11:03 PM
you guys are funny, cant take alittle criticism i see,

let me first start off by saying, and im only throwing this out there because you guys had to get personal, the truck looks like garbage with those ricer ass rims on it, if you took them off it would be a decient truck, and im only busting on the price because its clearly too high, and only a ****** woiuld pay that price for a riced out 02.

and to the guy who was shitting on dodges, to be honest i dont give a crap what you think about them, you think your hurting my feelings by calling my trucks old???? maybe, just maybe im not a dumb ass who spends 30k on trucks to beat the piss out of them towing and plowing.

i like the old trucks because 1) they are cheap (which means more money in my pocket, for the dummies who dont understand) 2) i dont feel bad about kicking the piss out of them, and when i scratch/dent it, i dont get all teary eyed and rush to the body shop. 3) why would i want a truck payment???? id rather spend my money on better things, not work all day to pay for a truck. 4) they are work trucks, thats all i dont pimp them out with ricer rims and take them to dinner every night, they stay hooked upto my landscaping trailers all year.

also they are both standards, so you can toss the horrible dodge tranny issues out the window as thats not a problem for me.

got-h2o
07-10-2009, 11:40 PM

let me first start off by saying, and im only throwing this out there because you guys had to get personal, the truck looks like garbage with those ricer ass rims on it, if you took them off it would be a decient truck, and im only busting on the price because its clearly too high, and only a ****** woiuld pay that price for a riced out 02.

and to the guy who was shitting on dodges, to be honest i dont give a crap what you think about them, you think your hurting my feelings by calling my trucks old???? maybe, just maybe im not a dumb ass who spends 30k on trucks to beat the piss out of them towing and plowing.

i like the old trucks because 1) they are cheap (which means more money in my pocket, for the dummies who dont understand) 2) i dont feel bad about kicking the piss out of them, and when i scratch/dent it, i dont get all teary eyed and rush to the body shop. 3) why would i want a truck payment???? id rather spend my money on better things, not work all day to pay for a truck. 4) they are work trucks, thats all i dont pimp them out with ricer rims and take them to dinner every night, they stay hooked upto my landscaping trailers all year.

also they are both standards, so you can toss the horrible dodge tranny issues out the window as thats not a problem for me.

You really need to stop, you're only making yourself sound worse.

That being said, you may know resale value of your Dodges. I do too, as I've sold many (I sell and install plows and plow trucks). You're right, they are cheap trucks that do the job. 94-02 Dodges are my best sellers b/c I can price them so cheap. BUT, you really need to do some research on resale values of GMT800 trucks, the Duramaxes in particular. Yes, deals can be had, but it's not over priced by 1 dollar IMO. I sold my 04 Dmax (lifted with extras) last year for $34k with 65k, my 02 the year before (stock) for $19k with 120k. People with money spend it on things they like, that doesn't make them ******s. These trucks will work circles around yours, and get way better milage doing so. Trust me, I have 1 or 2 Dodges in my fleet every plow season (I rotate using the trucks I sell).

My trucks work hard and look good. We get compliments daily on our equpt, and it helps sell jobs, believe it or not. I'm not here to bash anyone's stuff. Whether its what you choose to own, or it's all that you can afford, to each his own. We're all here on one level or another to accomplish similar goals. Either way, coming into a for sale ad just to make jabs is not only childish and disrespectful, it's just in poor taste.

FIRESCOOBY
07-11-2009, 12:26 AM
Ok guys, stop and read your posts!!

This is SUPPOSED to be a professional site, but it's sounding more and more like a bunch of kids during summer vacation.

When you post something, just read it first and think about how your fellow LCO's will take it and more importantly how the general public will take it. There is a LOT of homeowners that read this forum for advice, guidance, etc.

With posts going the way this one has went, we're not helping ourselves at all!!

Remember...RESPECT!!! We all want it, and we all need to give more.

Fannin's lawn mowing
07-11-2009, 12:35 PM
Ok guys, stop and read your posts!!

This is SUPPOSED to be a professional site, but it's sounding more and more like a bunch of kids during summer vacation.

When you post something, just read it first and think about how your fellow LCO's will take it and more importantly how the general public will take it. There is a LOT of homeowners that read this forum for advice, guidance, etc.

With posts going the way this one has went, we're not helping ourselves at all!!

Remember...RESPECT!!! We all want it, and we all need to give more.

VERY WELL SAID FIRESCOOBY....VERY WELL SAID!!! I apologize for the "slam" comment I made about dodges!!

And gold pro ...I'm very glad that you own standards because you won't have to incur the expense of tranny repairs thus putting more money in your pocket....Which more money in the pocket means better prices for the customer!!! EVERYONE WINS!!!!!!

Fannin's lawn mowing
07-11-2009, 12:48 PM

And gold pro ...I'm very glad that you own standards because you won't have to incur the expense of tranny repairs thus putting more money in your pocket....Which more money in the pocket means better prices for the customer!!! EVERYONE WINS!!!!!!

fool32696
07-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Update. Was offered $15k on Friday night but I'm holding out for more. He seemed to really like the truck and I have a feeling he'll call back and offer more. Time will tell. Not too bad for having the truck on Craigslist for just over a week.

Fannin's lawn mowing
07-12-2009, 10:37 PM
It is a nice one fool32696!!! CHEVY RULES!!!!!:usflag:

capetrees
07-12-2009, 10:39 PM
and curently the add has been flagged for removal.

hmm .....

fool32696
07-12-2009, 10:56 PM
that's what I got for posting a duplicate ad in Orlando CL. http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/1258322162.html

fool32696
08-08-2009, 05:16 PM
Sold for $16,000 yesterday. F*$& the haters!

fool32696
08-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Yes that was for an 02 with 132k on the clock

TXNSLighting
08-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Good job bud!

Fannin's lawn mowing
08-09-2009, 03:59 PM
Congrats my friend....Just can't beat that :usflag:Duramax:usflag: resale value!!!!!

fool32696
09-03-2009, 08:42 PM
Was rough driving the dirty smelly 01 F150 work truck for 3 wks. Here's the replacement: http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=288228