PDA

View Full Version : Aeration Only

Plug It Lawn Aeration
06-30-2009, 12:06 AM
Hello. I officially started Plug It Lawn Aeration this Spring. After aerating about 6-8 friends' lawns each year (including my own), I decided to push it just a bit. I picked up 50 accounts last fall and another 60 this Spring. Aeration is a niche service in my area and I have decided to focus only on this service. I like the seasonal nature of it and do not want the weekly commitment of mowing. I mowed several lawns while I was in college and enjoy it, but don't have time with my job. I am planning on picking up 100 aerating jobs or more this fall. Thanks to all that have given so many users of this site advice when starting out.

DLAWNS
06-30-2009, 12:13 AM
Hello. I officially started Plug It Lawn Aeration this Spring. After aerating about 6-8 friends' lawns each year (including my own), I decided to push it just a bit. I picked up 50 accounts last fall and another 60 this Spring. Aeration is a niche service in my area and I have decided to focus only on this service. I like the seasonal nature of it and do not want the weekly commitment of mowing. I mowed several lawns while I was in college and enjoy it, but don't have time with my job. I am planning on picking up 100 aerating jobs or more this fall. Thanks to all that have given so many users of this site advice when starting out.

Good for you that you found a niche in your area. It seems like a great business idea. Good luck to you and welcome to the site.

36metro
06-30-2009, 09:51 PM
If you don't mind me asking do you just use one commercial aerator? I'd be curious to what all equipment you need to start this kind of niche business. Cool idea. I know a lot of people who go down to the rental place, rent one of those heavy buggers and do it themselves. However, if the price was fair I think they'd go for that service in a minute just to keep from the pain of the rental.

Exact Rototilling
01-14-2011, 04:25 PM
Bump for an old thread

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/images/graemlins/default/25.gif

Plug it aeration,

How has the aeration only business model been going? 18 months later?

Any others out there having solid success with this model?

ACA L&L
03-02-2011, 04:37 PM
Must not of worked out so well.....kinda hard to make a living on a supplemental service in a seasonal business... doing it part time.....to bad i was intrigued.