PDA

View Full Version : New Cub cadet spreader/sprayer..

MNmasterEXTERMINATOR
06-30-2009, 12:54 AM
has anyone used the cub cadet spreader/ sprayer? How is compared to others? The cub is only $4,000.

Runner
06-30-2009, 01:02 AM
It's the same as the Lesco. It's good for a couple of years before you have to spend another 4000.

Grandview
06-30-2009, 06:06 AM
4,000.00 is too much for that. A Permagreen would be better for a little more money. A Z is the best value.

lawn king
06-30-2009, 06:28 AM
It's the same as the Lesco. It's good for a couple of years before you have to spend another 4000.

This is inaccurate, unusual from runner! Im running 2 units, a 2004 and a 2005. Yes i rebuild the lower ends every winter, bearings,tranny,impeller,etc. I have replaced idlers and control cables as well. The s/s units come through with electric start, the lescos come through pull start only and you cant get the s/s from lesco! The hps units have been great for us, we do a lot of dry chemical apps in cemeterys and the hps machines are reliable and great on fuel. My only complaint on these machines is they are very sensitive to water.

MNmasterEXTERMINATOR
06-30-2009, 10:21 AM
I have some big yards on big hills. I am going to demo both a cub and a perma. I don't think I will be impressed with either. I use liquid fert, I don't believe they can apply liquid fert. How do they do on hills. Right now I am dragging hose, I need to change it up. I would love to demo a Z, but don't think they have a distributors around here.

PSUTURFGEEK
06-30-2009, 09:17 PM
If I remember right, Lesco and MTD formed a company called ctp some years ago and created this machine along with marketing the truck mounted sprayers. Now cub cadet is just making them on their own.

Grandview
06-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Those machines are so slow compared to a Z. Once you get used to going 6 mph at 15 foot spacing you are glad you choose the Z. A little more money upfront but worth it.

lazyike
07-01-2009, 08:42 PM
I am demoing that unit this week.

I like: the fact that it seems accurate, and that I do not have to push a spreader.

I don't like: It is slow and I don't htink it has enough power. It slows way down on steep hills so you know its over applying fert.

I will know more in a couple of weeks as to how even the lawns look.

lawn king
07-02-2009, 08:58 AM
I step off the machine on steepe hills and walk behind it to keep my rate consistant. PG and Z machines are better built no doubt about it. Hps machines cost far less,, are simple to repair, easy to operate and are very reliable, to outright call them junk is totally off the mark! I use them for accounts up to 30 thousand sq. ft. For big accounts i use my tractor, as it is set up to spray & spread, in fact i can fert 2 acres on 1 fill.

br549oicu8
07-02-2009, 09:04 AM
I step off the machine on steepe hills and walk behind it to keep my rate consistant. PG and Z machines are better built no doubt about it. Hps machines cost far less,, are simple to repair, easy to operate and are very reliable, to outright call them junk is totally off the mark! I use them for accounts up to 30 thousand sq. ft. For big accounts i use my tractor, as it is set up to spray & spread, in fact i can fert 2 acres on 1 fill.

Us old folks don't like to walk!! LOL!!!!!
Not everyone can afford a Z right off the bat. We were fortunate and had built up the business with 2 spray trucks and guys dragging hoses to justify the $. We now have 3 z-sprays and the guys love them. I bet we have added 20% to our customer base and get them all done in WAY less time than before. Since we don't just spray, we need to get it over quickly so we can get back to the mowing, etc.
If there's anyway at all....get a Z. You won't be sorry.

grassman177
07-02-2009, 07:13 PM
Us old folks don't like to walk!! LOL!!!!!
Not everyone can afford a Z right off the bat. We were fortunate and had built up the business with 2 spray trucks and guys dragging hoses to justify the $. We now have 3 z-sprays and the guys love them. I bet we have added 20% to our customer base and get them all done in WAY less time than before. Since we don't just spray, we need to get it over quickly so we can get back to the mowing, etc.
If there's anyway at all....get a Z. You won't be sorry.

he is speaking of me and the guys. and the truth it is, ibet it is more than 20% growth. we are adding customers it seems like every other day on average. regretfully i have to hand spray a new sodded area this weekend due to it being very very wet and no roots yet. bad thing is it has fungus really bad from all the watering. i wish our z had hover mode!!!!

SWEET-T
08-31-2009, 11:49 PM
Any updates on this. anyone got one yet....planning on getting a ride on and was curious about the cub cadet?