PDA

View Full Version : 2-4 d vs St. Augustine???

Robin
06-30-2009, 07:28 AM
If and how long will it take a .8 oz per k take 46% 2-4d to kill St. Augustine?Weather's been hot and dry. It's been 10 days the weeds are pretty much dead and the St. Aug that is mixed in with the other various grasses is still just a little yellow and weak looking. If I decide to reseed(overseed) with more bermuda how long should I wait before doing so?

kirk1701
06-30-2009, 11:11 AM
If and how long will it take a .8 oz per k take 46% 2-4d to kill St. Augustine?Weather's been hot and dry. It's been 10 days the weeds are pretty much dead and the St. Aug that is mixed in with the other various grasses is still just a little yellow and weak looking. If I decide to reseed(overseed) with more bermuda how long should I wait before doing so?

Fall, don't reseed before the weather breaks. Be prepared to do it when the season starts to change. NOT SOONER :)

greendoctor
06-30-2009, 02:40 PM
No irrigation? The time to reseed bermuda is when it is warm, provided there is enough water to ensure germination and establishment of the seed. MSMA will wipe out st augustine pretty quick in hot weather.

Robin
06-30-2009, 10:42 PM
No msma just 2-4 d. No irrigation. Will the 2-4 d just damage the st aug or will it take time to kill it? Earlier in the year I sprayed my own yard with it and it didn't seem to hurt it to much but it was cooler and we had more rain then.