PDA

View Full Version : Pool hole fill in.

Dontpush421
06-30-2009, 12:25 PM
Hey guys quick ? I have an old pool hole to fill in and I estimate about 6.5 tons total dirt needed including top soil, how much would you guys charge to do this and I can back right up to the hole, the back fill cost me $2 a truck load the dirt is free but they charge me $2 to load not sure if that is per scoop which is a yard or a load which could be 2 scoops either way ur only talkin $10 at most for back fill. top soil might cost $30 so $40 total for dirt plus gas. might take an hour or two just me no one to pay. I think if I make $100 I'd be happy but just wondering what you guys would like to make off of a job like that, everyone says I dont make enough on my jobs but I just started this year and really dont have much work so any money I make is good I guess. I have another job to pay the bills.

hackitdown
06-30-2009, 04:07 PM
I did one recently. I figured something like this:

-Fill $100
-Loam $100
-Seed, roll, starter fert $150

It took 3 hrs or so. But that is in my area.

theguynextdoor
06-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Hey guys quick ? I have an old pool hole to fill in and I estimate about 6.5 tons total dirt needed including top soil, how much would you guys charge to do this and I can back right up to the hole, the back fill cost me $2 a truck load the dirt is free but they charge me $2 to load not sure if that is per scoop which is a yard or a load which could be 2 scoops either way ur only talkin $10 at most for back fill. top soil might cost $30 so $40 total for dirt plus gas. might take an hour or two just me no one to pay. I think if I make $100 I'd be happy but just wondering what you guys would like to make off of a job like that, everyone says I dont make enough on my jobs but I just started this year and really dont have much work so any money I make is good I guess. I have another job to pay the bills.

Is this a full size inground pool? If it is it would take longer and more material to fill it. Sounds like a lot of work to only make 100 bucks.

06-30-2009, 11:51 PM
are you gonna pack the fill? or is it gonna slowly be a sink hole?

Dontpush421
07-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Well I figure I could just back up to it and dump it in all I would have to do is rake it a little and no its not an in ground pool just a small above ground on unlevel ground plus it has been gone for awhile it looks like so there really not much to do and I asked about packing and the guy just wants it filled in no grass or anything he just doesnt have a way to haul the dirt basicly. and the deepest spot is about 2 ft lowest 5 inches, might not even take 6 tons I just didnt want to under do it I'll start with 3 ton and mabe all I will need is a little top soil. and I dont have anything else lined up this week except for my lawns so even if it takes me 4 hours it still 25 an hour which is 15 more then I would make workin for someone else. but no one said what they would try to make off of it that is all I was really wondering.

Dontpush421
07-01-2009, 01:56 PM
I got $500 for the job and I talked him into letting me use a tamper. Thaanks guys for the info