PDA

View Full Version : How do I apply/get a licence to use commerical herbicides?

Morgana Leslie
06-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know what agency to apply to for a license to use commercial herbicides? Where do you go? Also, is it true that that give you a hard time, make you jump through a bunch of hoops to get your license? How often do you have to update it? Tell me all the details, leave nothing out. Any websites I can go to? BTW...I am in West Virginia....if that helps.

Thanks. :usflag:

Please_Be_Green
06-30-2009, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know what agency to apply to for a license to use commercial herbicides? Where do you go? Also, is it true that that give you a hard time, make you jump through a bunch of hoops to get your license? How often do you have to update it? Tell me all the details, leave nothing out. Any websites I can go to? BTW...I am in West Virginia....if that helps.

See the sticky thread at the top of the pesticides forum... Licensing in all States.

mdlwn1
06-30-2009, 05:09 PM
...or maybe just buy a pair of handcuffs...lock your self to the barn for the growing season and prevent yourself from doing any harm?

doug1980
06-30-2009, 05:17 PM
http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/ipm/pestprog/pestprog.htm
That should lead you in the right direction.

CHARLES CUE
06-30-2009, 07:09 PM

In WV you have to have 2years experience or take a correspondence course through purdue university
Charles Cue

Morgana Leslie
06-30-2009, 08:58 PM
...or maybe just buy a pair of handcuffs...lock your self to the barn for the growing season and prevent yourself from doing any harm?

I do and the out side will be like the old movie "Day of the Triffids" starring Jannette Scott. I hate fighting Triffids, it is war I tell you, war!!!:hammerhead:

Morgana Leslie
06-30-2009, 09:08 PM
See the sticky thread at the top of the pesticides forum... Licensing in all States.

I saw his post. I was wanting to kill plants not insects. (although it may come in handy sometime, darn bagworms) Is that the same thing?

LIBERTYLANDSCAPING
06-30-2009, 09:20 PM
I saw his post. I was wanting to kill plants not insects. (although it may come in handy sometime, darn bagworms) Is that the same thing?

Pesticide refers to any chemical you are using to try to control a weed, pest, or plant disease with. Then there are different catagories of certification, depending on what you are going to be using them for E.G.-lawn, ornamental, pest control, aquatics, right of way weed control, mosquito, etc.

Morgana Leslie
06-30-2009, 11:54 PM
http://www.wvu.edu/~agexten/ipm/pestprog/pestprog.htm
That should lead you in the right direction.

I spent 10 years at Marshall University for this???? :wall 10 years and two degrees later, I am self employed and they want me to do what???? Take more classes at a university that ought to have a Skunk as its mascot? I can't take it any longer...I just can't take it....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Anyway....thanks for the information...it was helpful.

Now if you can suggest anything that kills plants I am open for suggestions. Pramitol? Scythe? Finale? Most people I spray for want it dead and gone.....for good....or as long as possible.

thanks.

Runner
07-01-2009, 12:29 AM
What did you go to school for? Or let me rephrase that...For what did you go to school?

mngrassguy
07-01-2009, 02:09 AM
Also, is it true that that give you a hard time, make you jump through a bunch of hoops to get your license?

It's MUCH more painful and expensive getting caught spraying for weeds without a license.

garydale
07-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Contact the following:

John.Jett@mail.wvu.edu

phasthound
07-01-2009, 12:11 PM
I spent 10 years at Marshall University for this???? :wall 10 years and two degrees later, I am self employed and they want me to do what???? Take more classes at a university that ought to have a Skunk as its mascot? I can't take it any longer...I just can't take it....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Anyway....thanks for the information...it was helpful.

Now if you can suggest anything that kills plants I am open for suggestions. Pramitol? Scythe? Finale? Most people I spray for want it dead and gone.....for good....or as long as possible.

thanks.

Calm down now. Take a deep breath and step away from the sprayer.

Morgana Leslie
07-01-2009, 02:47 PM
What did you go to school for? Or let me rephrase that...For what did you go to school?

Joe....I went to school to become educated, and I became an educated idiot! (professional student) If I really wanted to, I could take those courses PU, and pass them. Oh why not? I have more college credit hours than most professors! What is a few more? At night when I am bored I check out college lectures from the library, either on DVD or VHS and view them. I could do this, it is all a matter of psyching myself up to it.

Speaking of which......anything at the local pubic library that I could study and read up on about this????? For when I am bored?

mngrassguy
07-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Many Universities have a plethora of info available on-line. Like Mine....
http://www.extension.umn.edu/gardeninfo/