PDA

View Full Version : need help estimating new job

motichka218
06-30-2009, 09:15 PM
i need some help on estimating this new job. i couldn't get any pictures of it but a made this diagram. it not grass its all weed and about 3 feet tall at the minimum.its about 5,000 sq ft. there are a couple of weeds that are like tress. I'm thinking its going to take me at least 5 hours to cut it all down. and i think i cant use a lawn mower at all. if i go by an hourly rate of $40 an hour it only $200 and i think it a lot more work for only $200. i need some help.:dizzy: in the diagram all the green needs to be cut down. and if you have any ideas on how to make it go faster its appreciated. thanks

birdman0494
07-01-2009, 01:59 AM
my only advice would be,

What trimmer are you running ? can it hold a brush cutter blade? like my fs 90? and if so id say cut every thing down to a minumum of 6 inches fast and sloppy then you go over with a lawn mower at 4 inches ( highest setting for my 21 inch ) then you go to your requested height. And i suggest gator blades while your at it and go slow!

motichka218
07-01-2009, 11:07 AM
im running a homelite trimmer. it can hold a brush cutting bladed. any advice on priceing it

gdguth
07-01-2009, 12:40 PM
just my take on it, but if you are using a homelite trimmer you might as well not bid on it. I have not had very good luck with homelite.

motichka218
07-01-2009, 12:53 PM
the guy is someone i no he can to me to see how much it will cost. and i need some help on priceing it im sure i can handle it. so can anyone help me with the price.

ohiogreenworks
07-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I don't think it would take 5 hours to trim it, that is a long time! But you know better than me how fast you can work...I would trim it all down for around 250 but that is because I feel like I could do it in maybe a couple hours. How about finding someone with a bush hog and subbing it out? Good luck either way!

edit: After reading your post again, maybe you could get it down far enough quickly then cut it with a mower??

jiggz
07-03-2009, 01:18 AM
charge 250 300 and rent a brush cutter or a decent trimmer from homedepot.. tust me your going to break balls with a homelight

castle555
07-03-2009, 03:30 AM
Going for the simple answer here IMHO, I would rent a Brush Hog or Billy Goat self-propelled walk-behind cutter.
These things are tough and will mow down your legs if you stay behind them.
Figure in the rental cost of the machine or the cost of a new trimmer -cause it will be spent shaft after that job.
Youv'e got 12.5% acre there and by the square foot I'd charge .10 cents per square foot. This includes the cost of the rental equip. and whether it takes you all day or a few hours, you still make a couple hundred bucks.

FinerCutslawnCare
07-06-2009, 12:32 AM
If I were you make it worth your time$$$ especially if you are using a homelite. I have had many jobs like this and I ended up buying a used brush cutter and it has been one of the best investments I have ever made! Maybe do this job with your trimmer, but then with the money you make go out and buy a brush cutter, or just a beafier trimmer!

SEMI-RETIRED
07-06-2009, 01:19 PM
I would use my brush hog on it, 5000 sq ft is not much..
If i did not have a brush hog i would sub it out, there is no way i would
do 5000 sq ft with a hand held trimmer with a brush blade..

Brush hog, 1 hr 100.00 for me..

Bob..