PDA

View Full Version : Problem with clutch wire on a Huslter 54" Super Z

electronics2667
07-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Is anyone have a problem with the wire that goes to the button switch to the clutch that turns the blades on/off. I have took it back where i have bought it serval times they have re-place the wire everytime but the samething happens evertime the wire is not burning into, it just comes loose inside the the plastic holer that fits on the clutch itself. We have zip tied out of the way of the belt made a custom holder. Does anyone have any ideas about this problem. I can't keeping buying this wire cost arounf $24.00 each. I can't even cut a customer whole yard before this happen again. Please Please Helppppppppppppppppppp.

Thanks Leroy:dizzy::mad::confused:

DiyDave
07-02-2009, 12:58 PM
Could it be that the pin that the clutch locks against is really worn out, allowing the clutch to jerk real hard, and pull on the wire? Had that happen on a Gravely, solution was to weld up the bolt till the groove was refilled, tightened things up a bit.:waving:

electronics2667
07-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Could it be that the pin that the clutch locks against is really worn out, allowing the clutch to jerk real hard, and pull on the wire? Had that happen on a Gravely, solution was to weld up the bolt till the groove was refilled, tightened things up a bit.:waving:

how long did this fix the problem.

DiyDave
07-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Till I sold the mower, about another 500 hrs or so.:drinkup:

electronics2667
07-02-2009, 08:01 PM
thank you very much

Think Green
07-03-2009, 11:25 PM
DiY,
This was the problem that we were having on the Exmark Triton 46". The clutch wire was snapping inside the clutch housing. Zipties and replacing the pigtails didn't work either.
Is this a manufacturer flaw in the clutch housing being somewhat loose and the clutch twisting onto the pin guide too much.?
My wonderful dealer said--That this doesn't often happen with my unit. Out of 500 hundred sold last year, ours was the first one to come it with this problem...?????
Sounds like a good line of BS to me!

electronics2667
07-05-2009, 09:48 PM
DiY,
This was the problem that we were having on the Exmark Triton 46". The clutch wire was snapping inside the clutch housing. Zipties and replacing the pigtails didn't work either.
Is this a manufacturer flaw in the clutch housing being somewhat loose and the clutch twisting onto the pin guide too much.?
My wonderful dealer said--That this doesn't often happen with my unit. Out of 500 hundred sold last year, ours was the first one to come it with this problem...?????
Sounds like a good line of BS to me!

I totaly agree, my dealer to me that the mower was not suppose to be used to mow on hills & uneven surfaces. I thought a commerical mower was built to mower just about anywhere. My tech suppose to make me a custom built holder, if this does not work he told me that the manufacturer has mahe a pirce that i can buy to protect the wire from coming loose. I am like you this sounds like a lotttttttttt of BS to me.

Stillwater
10-24-2009, 08:11 AM
I totaly agree, my dealer to me that the mower was not suppose to be used to mow on hills & uneven surfaces. I thought a commerical mower was built to mower just about anywhere. My tech suppose to make me a custom built holder, if this does not work he told me that the manufacturer has mahe a pirce that i can buy to protect the wire from coming loose. I am like you this sounds like a lotttttttttt of BS to me.

OMG my dealer said the same thing to me clutch retainer snaped and clutch spun and ripped out the wire, I bought a new clutch but I plan to excavate the epoxy from around the broken wire with a dremel and solder the wire back on and use that for a back up clutch.

electronics2667
10-24-2009, 02:38 PM
I heard that i bought a new clutch & it works like a brand new one now, It should with a clutch cost me $350.00