PDA

View Full Version : New dump truck

tjlco
07-03-2009, 09:29 AM
I am looking to buy a new cab over dump. Either isuzu or gmc, I think chevy has one too. Anyone have these, and have problems with turning. I have a 20 ft enclosed trailer and my concern is the bed hitting the trailer. Is there a certain length thats too long? How long does my tongue need to be?

fl-landscapes
07-03-2009, 09:38 AM
have an isuzu cab over. I think exact measurments are tough to say without seeing your exact trailer desig. But I did have to have my trailer hitch extended to keep it from hitting the trailer while turning. The trucks great though.

Duffster
07-03-2009, 09:38 AM
I am looking to buy a new cab over dump. Either isuzu or gmc, I think chevy has one too. Anyone have these, and have problems with turning. I have a 20 ft enclosed trailer and my concern is the bed hitting the trailer. Is there a certain length thats too long? How long does my tongue need to be?

That would depend on how far the bed overhangs the hitch.

ConstSvcs
07-04-2009, 12:44 AM
no problem here (less than two feet of overhang) with four foot tongue:

esnipe8
07-04-2009, 12:55 AM
Little off topic but, I have an Izuzu with a street sweeper on the body. The only issue we have is the air conditioning. It does not work well at all. We took it to the Izuzu dealer and they told us that, that is just how they are. I dont know if he was just bs-ing to get out of doing any work, but the problem still exists.

lawn king
07-04-2009, 10:08 PM
My npr is 109" cab to axle with no issues hitting my trailer.