PDA

View Full Version : speedzone, Q4, trimec, surge, drive, etc?

recliner5
07-03-2009, 03:38 PM
when will states start to outlaw speedzone, Q4, triplet, drive, surge, etc. products that I use to kill weeds? thanks

greendoctor
07-03-2009, 03:46 PM
Hopefully never. Most of the AI's are also used in ag. However, it is very possible to have a Canada type of law enacted.

Think Green
07-03-2009, 05:51 PM
Being that these new comer chemicals have penetrated the turf market(other than 2-4D or triplet-4-mix,etc.), the half-life of Quinclorac--Sulfentrazone are different on soil composites. I am sure when the chemical's have been used for a while the studies will follow suit with glyphosate and the arsenicals.
But by the time this happens, something else will have come out to take up for the loss. By then, we will probably go back to practicing Jim Baker's remedies!--LOL!

RigglePLC
07-03-2009, 11:12 PM
The newer products like quinclorac, sulfentrazone, and carfentrazone are much safer and have been cleared for use under stricter guidelines. Probably a hundred times safer than 2,4_D. Most of them do not need much to be effective and most decompose rather quickly. But with the Democrats in the Whitehouse--anything can happen...

recliner5
07-04-2009, 08:55 AM
Some groups are selling dandelions by the lb. claiming they are good for you and our environment, some environmentalists have said that our mowers are destroying our earth along with the little motor scooters, along with weedeaters. I won't be surprise that some groups will try to ban chemicals that I love to put on my yard to destroy those darn dandelions, buckhorn's, clover etc.
Probably won't be long when yards full of weeds will be "cool", "hip", the in thing to be, so they can say I am greener then you. I really think its right around the corner.