PDA

View Full Version : Water problem

Henry
04-12-2002, 05:17 PM
I need a solution for a water problem. On monday we dug an area for a paver walkway and during our lunch break a gutter cleaning company showed up and flooded the area. As of yesterday it's still not dry and I had to cover it today because it started raining. Anyone have a way to fix this?

dan deutekom
04-12-2002, 06:47 PM
Sometimes you just are f*****. When the sun comes out get a trash pump and clear the standing water and give it the time to dry out.

paul
04-12-2002, 07:00 PM
Idea #1 Pump out the water, then excavate 3" more. You should be on solid ground then.

Idea #2 Pump out water, install a layer of 3" rock, then fabric (woven) install your base material over fabic and compact.

diginahole
04-12-2002, 07:19 PM
Here's how I'd handle it...

After draining the area, I would let it sit for as long as the job will allow by doing other things on the same site when possible. Then dig out the real mucky stuff and then cover with fabric. Install base over fabric in slightly thicker lifts than normal to minimize water pumping up into the base. You will sacrifice some compaction here so be prepared to return for warranty work.

shadow
04-12-2002, 10:33 PM
Buy a bag of powdered lime (yes lime) about 50lb bag and spred it out. This will dry it up super fast(less than an hour or 2)