PDA

View Full Version : Pest control?

stevenf
07-07-2009, 12:06 AM
I am making the full time jump next year so im trying to get things done from here on out. I have been putting off my applicators license for some time and that will be one of the first on the list of things to do.
Pest control is popular around here with everyone. Fertilizer is only used by high income housing. I have noticed a BIG landscape company that added "Fertilizer and pest control applications" to the sides of all of there rigs.
My question is this. With the license I was leaning toward, it only allows you to spray pesticides outside of a home. I know alot of pet control methods can be done from the outside. How do you advertise for something like this? Has it turned out good for you? Is it profitable? Year round or seasonal applications?

humble1
07-07-2009, 08:54 AM
I am making the full time jump next year so im trying to get things done from here on out. I have been putting off my applicators license for some time and that will be one of the first on the list of things to do.
Pest control is popular around here with everyone. Fertilizer is only used by high income housing. I have noticed a BIG landscape company that added "Fertilizer and pest control applications" to the sides of all of there rigs.
My question is this. With the license I was leaning toward, it only allows you to spray pesticides outside of a home. I know alot of pet control methods can be done from the outside. How do you advertise for something like this? Has it turned out good for you? Is it profitable? Year round or seasonal applications?

Perimeter PEst Control- is spraying outside the home. Not sur eof your target, mine are mostly ants. I do have to go inside for baiting sometimes, and seting monitoring stations. But I gotta tell you the high end homes you speak about are the customers that are going to pay to have ants killed, joe middle class will do it himself.

stevenf
07-07-2009, 09:28 AM
I know ants, roachea,termites, rodents can be treated outside a home. Do you advertise for prevenative maintenance? Treating termites outside a home won't get them out of the home,or will it?
Also what type of setup would a beginner applicator need?
Posted via Mobile Device