PDA

View Full Version : Billing

lkindle
07-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Would you prefer to bill all of your customers once a month or collect a check when you mow there yard?

powernoje
07-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Once a month... If you do weekly you waste a lot of time collecting and talking to the customers... Not that talking to them is bad but time is $$$...

STL Cuts
07-07-2009, 03:19 PM
I only bill a couple neighborhood commongrounds the rest I collect after I mow. Sure you might lose a couple minutes here and there, but during this talking time you are building a relationship and building rapport with the customer. They understand that you are busy, so if you need to go just simply tell them you'd love to stay, but today is a busy day for you.... this also puts the $$$ in your hand immediately as opposed to waiting for them to pay.

Many times the customer is not home, so I have them stick an envelope under the doormat, in the back screen door, etc..

Collection after the job also eliminates the time you would have to use to write invoices, mail them out, keep track of who paid and who didn't, possibly have to deal with customers "forgetting" to pay, etc..

Just my 2 cents...

MudslinginFX4
07-07-2009, 06:36 PM
Right now im billing once per month. I'm thinking about going to credit cards only and billing after each week. Each week they would have a statement sent to them through email and the credit card will be billed based on the statement.

supercuts
07-07-2009, 07:48 PM
if your new i understand you might want and need that weekly money flow. as you grow you will realize your wasting far too much time waiting for a check. add up how much time you spend doing that in a month and think about how much more you could have made in that time. you also look more professional billing once a month

tinman
07-15-2009, 08:06 PM
Depends on what the client wants sometimes. And also if you feel the least bit afraid someone will not pay then after every mow is better. I don't want to knock on doors though. just invoice after each mow if you want. Most elderly people like to pay while I am there