PDA

View Full Version : am i a jerk?

philboudreault
07-07-2009, 02:12 PM
i called a mini exc. company to have turf removed and spoke with the owner ...said he was interested but was very busy didn't need to come c the job, gave him a description of the job said it would take 7-8 hours at 70 bucks an hour. the client delayed the job for 3 weeks so when i called the exc. guy back he said the same thing more or less. i had also recieved a number for another company so i called just to c. i left a message and the guy called me back twice finaly i spoke with him and he said 75 an hour but that he would come see the job and he could maybe even give me a package price for the job. great i said right on lets go check it out.. so i called him this morning and he asks me " r u making me go there for nothing?" .. it turns out the that the two guys were friends and they spoke with each other before i called. the 70 dollar an hour guy thought the deal was sealed and done so when i spoke with the 75 an hour guy he was like "y r u calling me if hes cheaper"
now for some reason i feel like a **** ass did i commit a business no-no? to me it's not like i committed or am in a deal with the first guy.... what do u think

LB1234
07-07-2009, 03:45 PM
be a jerk to them both, find someone else.

Shane472
07-07-2009, 04:43 PM
You're not a jerk for calling around. Unless you committed to the first guy you're in the clear.

Mid-Ohio Scaper
07-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Who cares.......... don't worry about those two idiots, call someone else. Unless I know and really like a subcontractor, I'm usually a di*k to them.

DVS Hardscaper
07-07-2009, 08:19 PM
if they don't want the work, call someone who does.

if you just need turf removed....why not use a sod cutter?

Bru75
07-07-2009, 08:22 PM
You're not a jerk, those guys are.
Don't hire either one, buy your own excavator.

Danscapes
07-07-2009, 10:47 PM
R.e.n.t one!!!