PDA

View Full Version : what is your opinion on yellowpages.com

cecilianolandscaping
07-08-2009, 03:06 AM
i begin this year with the yellowpages expecting to get calls everyday, so did the salesman said and then , i pay every month no matter what happends more then 250.00 and i havent gotten any calls this month? now it is a contractfor a year cant cancel it.. i have gotten calls but not what i expected.! wats ur opinion? does anybody have it>?

bohiaa
07-08-2009, 09:34 AM
yellowbooks is a PITA.... no one and I mean no one uses yellowbooks anymore.
and the sales people there simply wont leave you alone

Patriot Services
07-08-2009, 04:23 PM
You learned a hard lesson my friend. Every yellow phone book no matter what the phone provider name on the front usually has 6 pages of lawn care guys. The few people that use them go to the big full page ad or the first name on the list. Over priced and ineffective. Sorry guy.:usflag::usflag::usflag:

lawnprosteveo
07-08-2009, 06:45 PM
I gotta agree with Patriot. Phone book is very expensive and not real effective in my opinion.

JDiepstra
07-08-2009, 06:58 PM
I have had two YellowBook salespeople call me in the last month. They both said they saw me driving down the road and got the number off my truck. I believe it.

lawnpro724
07-11-2009, 01:01 AM
Lettering on trucks and trailers have brought in a lot of business and the same goes for door hangers. I used to do a lot of yellow page advertising but have scaled back this year.

White Gardens
07-11-2009, 01:29 AM
Yellow pages = :hammerhead::cry::angry:

LouisianaLawnboy
07-11-2009, 04:56 PM
I have had two YellowBook salespeople call me in the last month. They both said they saw me driving down the road and got the number off my truck. I believe it.

Ask them what kind of truck u drive.
Posted via Mobile Device

chuckhopkins76
07-13-2009, 06:36 PM
I used yellow pages this year and all it gets is people calling looking for somebody to mow FREE or close to it or "CAN YOU COME AND MOW RIGHT NOW,BECAUSE I'M HAVING A PARTY AND NEEDING IT TO LOOK GOOD" SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SangerLawn
07-13-2009, 08:53 PM
yellowbooks is a PITA.... no one and I mean no one uses yellowbooks anymore.
and the sales people there simply wont leave you alone

I am glad you pasted this. I thought the sales men at yellow pages were hired to only harass me lol

Bob_n_weave
07-14-2009, 01:17 AM
I used yellow pages this year and all it gets is people calling looking for somebody to mow FREE or close to it or "CAN YOU COME AND MOW RIGHT NOW,BECAUSE I'M HAVING A PARTY AND NEEDING IT TO LOOK GOOD" SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I think I know that guy :) Did he also want you to Bag it and say $20 is all i can afford ? :dizzy:

White Gardens
07-14-2009, 08:43 AM
I think my biggest deal with IDEARC and the yellow pages is that their pricing structure is way too stupid.

I wanted to do just a simple, 1/4 inch listing just so that people could look my number up. It was going to cost me more to do that, rather than a 2 inch add along with info on-line etc....

They just don't get it, and they wonder whey their business is so bad.

topsites
07-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Well I had a similar experience, I spent a lot of money and hardly got any calls, to make matters worse
a good half of the calls I did get where from folks trying to sell me their crap and that REALLY pissed me off,
but all in all I tell you what broke this camel's back...

Because I was basically all right with that, not really, but I could have tolerated it,
seeing how once an ad is placed it meant my entry is in the book forever, right?
At least that's what I understood, anyone who ever places a paid ad in the book is
from then on out in the book, even if they never pay any more money.
Sure, it's only a 1-line text entry if I don't pay, but that's fine, I figured it's worth it,
even if it did cost a bit, so long my company name stays in there.

What I failed to realize is that in order to KEEP that entry, I have to deal with those folks once a year,
whenever it comes up for renewal the salesman bugging me starts up again... And that might not sound
like such a big deal but they call and call and want to set up an appointment, lets do this, and do that,
really I would have to go through that whole semi-interview process that I went through the first time
around all just to keep what I thought was supposed to be a FREE entry....

In the end I signed the piece of paper that let me out.

cecilianolandscaping
07-14-2009, 06:40 PM
I HAD TO LEARN THE HARD WAY AND EXPENSIVE WAY .! THE SALES LADY SAID TO ME" WILL U BE ABLE TO HANDLE THE CALLS" AM LIK WOW I GUESS IT REALLY WORKS ... AND SHE KEPT CALLING ME INTO I MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH HER AND SHIIT SHE KEPT CALLING ME, I WANTED TO HAVE A GREAT YEAR BUT AM DEFINATELY IN DEBT WITH THE YELLOW PAGES INTO THE END OF THE YEAR AFTER THAT SHE CAN KISS ME GOOD BYE .. LOLZ BUT THE FUNNY PART IS THAT WHEN I CALL HER TO UPDATE MY PROFILE ON YELLOWPAGES.COM SHE DOSENT PICK UP AND NEVER DESIDES TO CALL BAK TOTALLY SUCKS .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCAG RIDER 48" NEW BRIGGS ENGINE 26hp
SCAG 36" KAWASAKI ENGINE
SMALL CRAFTMAN MOWER
REMAX EDGER
A BLOWER
FORD F-250 DIESEL
OPEN HOMEMADE 13" TRAILER
WHAT ELSE DO U REALLY NEED >?
70 ACCOUNTS.!

tinman
07-15-2009, 08:31 PM
YP is outdated. Even there online only ads sucked for me. I did get 2 of m,y best clients ever from YP though. But I won't do them again likely

SunsationalLandServices
08-06-2009, 04:00 PM
I've got one for ya! I actually had a yb salesman pull over and try to sell me their crap while I was on a worksite! I was in a large upscale neighborhood working on an install job on a $2 million house and this bozo actually had the nerve to stop me and tell me how I needed yb! After I said no, I watched him go from landscape crew to landscape crew all along the street! I was thinking of doing it one day, but after reading this I probably won't.