PDA

View Full Version : Water Feature We Just Installed

JimLewis
07-08-2009, 05:07 AM
Here are some photos from a recent project we've been working on. First one before photo, then several after photos.....

Unfortunately, we were unable to install many plants around the water feature right now because the clients are getting the house painted soon and they didn't want the painters trampling the new plants. So we just installed one large japanese maple for now. More plants to come finish it off later.

Also unfortunate that I don't have any good photos of the lower pond. There is a good sized lower pond below the big falls but unfortunately, some polymeric sand got into it from the pavers we installed around the water feature and created some suds in that lower pond. So I'll have photos of that later. Anyway, here is the BEFORE photo....

JimLewis
07-08-2009, 05:10 AM
And here are a few after photos and close-ups....

JimLewis
07-08-2009, 05:11 AM
A Few More.....

JimLewis
07-08-2009, 05:21 AM
I'd prefer not to install a water feature next to a Segmental Retaining Wall. It's difficult to blend the natural look of a water feature with the formal look of an SRW. But that was the client's idea and wish so we made it happen. Regardless, I thought it turned out pretty nice.

93Chevy
07-08-2009, 06:52 AM
My opinion probably doesn't matter because I have no idea what I'm talking about, but...

I think it looks really cool. Good job. How long did that take?

tadpole
07-08-2009, 10:04 AM
One of the better blendings of informal with formal that I have seen. Customer should be happy!

pitrack
07-09-2009, 01:28 AM
I'd prefer not to install a water feature next to a Segmental Retaining Wall. It's difficult to blend the natural look of a water feature with the formal look of an SRW. But that was the client's idea and wish so we made it happen. Regardless, I thought it turned out pretty nice.

I agree, however, you did a nice job at blending the two. Looks great.

JimLewis
07-09-2009, 01:38 AM
My opinion probably doesn't matter because I have no idea what I'm talking about, but...

I think it looks really cool. Good job. How long did that take?

Thanks. About 3 Days. 2 guys and one Bobcat MT55 mini skid steer / track loader.

Little Giant (Watermark? is their new name, I think?) 10S pump (110 GPM) with a 3" PVC line to create enough flow to make those wide sheets of water.

Infinity Landscapes, Inc
07-12-2009, 10:18 AM
Nice one jimmy keep you head up theres hopefully more to come PM me some time

M&N Maintenance
07-13-2009, 01:55 PM
Yeah I agree on the natural issue but still looks good. Nice job.

Mr. Vern
07-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Nice job Jim. I agree with not preferring to mix the water feature with the segmental, but since the customer wants it, all you can do is build it right and let them enjoy it.

It looks like you may have used a biofalls to start the stream which is probably the best choice in that application. However, have you seen the colorfalls setup from Atlantic Watergardens? It works really well for adding water to walls and has a built in light that looks really cool at night. We have a couple on display in our retail center and people just love them. They offer a kit that comes with everything including the basin and pump that makes installation relatively easy depending on the type of wall stone you are using. Here is a link to their website. http://www.atlanticwatergardens.com/prod_colorfalls.cfm

Lite4
07-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Looks good Jim. Those Belgard Pavers?

JimLewis
07-13-2009, 10:18 PM
Yes. Belgard Arbel pavers. More photos of those over in the Hardscapes forum.

Lite4
07-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Cool, I like those. I will go check them out. I read your article by the way, kudos brother!