PDA

View Full Version : Bog Garden and Water Fall

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
07-08-2009, 10:41 PM
Here are some pics of a waterfall and bog garden we are working on. we still have to add the water plants, a bit more rock on the outside as well as lighting and landscaping.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
07-08-2009, 10:43 PM
here are a couple more.

pitrack
07-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Lookin good man.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
07-15-2009, 09:05 PM
Here are a few pics of the almost complete bog and waterfall. all the landscaping and plants are in, we just have to come back in the end of the project and mulch everything. You can check out the rest of the project under the hardscaping forum

XStream Aquatics
07-15-2009, 10:49 PM
did you run out of 1-2 man boulders??????????????

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
07-15-2009, 11:08 PM
no, the small stone retaining wall was already there and we just tapped into it with our spillway rocks.

drewguy
07-15-2009, 11:09 PM
did you run out of 1-2 man boulders??????????????

He had plenty of PVC primer, though . . .

Looks really good.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
07-15-2009, 11:51 PM
He had plenty of PVC primer, though . . .

Looks really good.

Well, you know how strong that smell is with that stuff...you get going and next thing you know you are face down in pea gravel with puple stuff on your nose...but you feel so so good. LOL

XStream Aquatics
07-17-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey how are you going to clean your bog out down the road, say a few years from now? There is alot easier way to build a bog and make it so it can be maintained with ease. Try this website. http://www.bogfiltration.com/making_your_own_upflow_bog_filte.html

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
07-19-2009, 12:03 PM
I saw this online and really thought about it, but did not understand how it would work properly. I understand how the stove pipe works and allows for the cleaning of the bog. the part that I do not understand is how you build pressure to push water equally through the pipes so that there are no dead spots in the pond. when i looked at this, my logic tells me that water is going to take the path of least resistance which would be the stove pipe and since it has no way of presurizing the water would then fill the top of the bog garden from the top of the stove pipe. Am i understanding this process wrong? this bog is 3ft deep and has the larger rock then increasingly smaller rocks until you have the last level of pea gravel. I would think that it would be fine for 3-5 years with out cleaning. at that point i could always attache a discharge pipe on the piping at the pump, open the gate valve and let the system backwash into the yard. May not be the best design, but it should work just fine i would think.

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
08-07-2009, 10:21 PM
here are the finished pics of the water fall, bog garden and landscaping. to see the patio and firepit pics, go to the hardscaping section.

pitrack
08-08-2009, 02:24 AM
Looks great.

wurkn with amish
08-08-2009, 03:24 PM
I like everything but the rubblestone. needs more large stuff mixed in. MHO

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES
08-08-2009, 04:37 PM
I agree. we were asked to make use of as much site materials as we could and the fish pond was already there and part of the wall. so we went with what was there. I would have liked to see a wall of man boulders a larger flat rock on top.

wurkn with amish
08-09-2009, 09:44 AM
gotcha!...