PDA

View Full Version : How many back packs should I have?

drobin
07-09-2009, 12:20 AM
I have a back pack sprayer that I have been using for spraying all my broadleafs (fast pac with speedzone,trimec plus,), Im contemplating getting another backpac because in new york products like Q4 and Surge are banned. Basically, in NY there is no legal weed control that does broadleaf and grassy weed at the same time, I was told that the trimec plus may do a so so job on crabgrass but my distributer reccomends a grassy weed killer called accaim. If this were the case, I would need to get another back pack or tell my customers Im only treating one or the other today, Suggestions on what to do, Im a small company with about 45 customers. thanks Dave

foreplease
07-09-2009, 12:25 AM
I think you can get by with one for herbicides for lawn treatments, whether broadleaf or grassy. If you use any non-slective herbicides, such as Roundup, you need another one. If you treat any landscape plants (ornamentals) you need still another one. However many you have, clean them well and regularly, but do not mix them up.

FdLLawnMan
07-09-2009, 12:49 AM
I have around 200 customers and have 4 Shurflo backpacks. One for Roundup, one for herbicide, one I split between Certainty & Quinclorac and one for pesticide use. The one for Roundup and pesticide use are never used for anything else.

kbrashears
07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
I carry four.

One for broadleafs, one for grassy weeds, one for sedge, and one for gly. The broadleaf one is the one that tends to get the most use (of course), so it doubles as the insecticide tank.

Runner
07-09-2009, 08:00 PM
I have 4. One (diaphragm) for selective herbicide (right now contains Drive), one (piston) for straight Roundup, one (piston) for sterilant Roundup and Oryzalin right now, but occasionally Pramitol - and neutralized), and one (piston) for insecticides (right now containing bifenthrin).

ArizPestWeed
07-10-2009, 01:35 AM
I have 4. One (diaphragm) for selective herbicide (right now contains Drive), one (piston) for straight Roundup, one (piston) for sterilant Roundup and Oryzalin right now, but occasionally Pramitol - and neutralized), and one (piston) for insecticides (right now containing bifenthrin).

You ever have a problem with the Surflan dropping to the bottom and most of it coming out in the first half gallon ??

azjojo99
07-10-2009, 05:57 PM
2 electric back packs, 2 pump cans. Use the backpacks for whatever is in high use at the time, the odd stuff goes into the pump cans.

Think Green
07-10-2009, 10:29 PM
4--Backpacks!
1.Glyphosate
2.Broadleaf
3.Grassy weeds
4.Insecticides

Runner
07-10-2009, 11:59 PM
You ever have a problem with the Surflan dropping to the bottom and most of it coming out in the first half gallon ??

I've never had that problem. It stays rather agitated riding in the truck, but I know whenever I go to use it, I shake the heck out of it for almost a minute or so. I also keep it shook up when it's on my back. I like to keep a consistent color like "Tang" throughout. I DID have some Drive paste up on me on the bottom of the tank one time in the past, though. That wasn't real fun cleaning that out.