and also does any one know where to find redmax prices online
would a toro timecutter z4200 be able to do the job for about 10 lawns

T888
07-09-2009, 01:58 PM
ill have 2 of my friends next year with me ill be 16 and they,ll be 14, 17
any equipment recommendations and truck recommendations
and also does any one know where to find redmax prices online
would a toro timecutter z4200 be able to do the job for about 10 lawns

Do your self a faver and work for your self, you will never make any thing with 10 lawns and three guys. The time cutter would work okay but you would be better off looking on craigslist for a used commercial mower and a good blower and weadeater. For the handhelds I would suggest echo or stihl.

I'm 16 and have been doing this for 5 years.

toromowers26
07-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Do your self a faver and work for your self, you will never make any thing with 10 lawns and three guys. The time cutter would work okay but you would be better off looking on craigslist for a used commercial mower and a good blower and weadeater. For the handhelds I would suggest echo or stihl.

I'm 16 and have been doing this for 5 years.
Is there any chance I could join one if I'm 16 ik they have a lot of lawns and Ik the owner
Posted via Mobile Device

clean_cut
07-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Join one? One what? I'm guessing a lawn care business, I don't think they can legally allow you to use any power equipment until your 18, I think you could do good working for yourself, and maybe have a partner, maybe. 3 people is a lot for 10 lawns, and you will save a lot of trouble if you don't have to split up the money, make sure everyone can come at the same time, etc.

T888
07-09-2009, 08:15 PM
Is there any chance I could join one if I'm 16 ik they have a lot of lawns and Ik the owner
Posted via Mobile Device

I tried to join up with a landscaper before and got terned down. The reason is that I was to young. They liked what people said about my work but it never worked out. Man I love cutting grass and the money I can make.

Good luck. Also take your time choosing who you will work for and what equipment you use. See if I had known then what I know now I would have been a lot better. The third year I started, I made over $4,000 in checks and about $1500 in cash but I can not be sure about that because I never kept track of the cash. I only had 6 lawns and one commercial job. I lost that because of the fact that I no insurance. I will post my story soon on the about me forum.

toromowers26
07-10-2009, 07:41 PM
I tried to join up with a landscaper before and got terned down. The reason is that I was to young. They liked what people said about my work but it never worked out. Man I love cutting grass and the money I can make.

Good luck. Also take your time choosing who you will work for and what equipment you use. See if I had known then what I know now I would have been a lot better. The third year I started, I made over $4,000 in checks and about $1500 in cash but I can not be sure about that because I never kept track of the cash. I only had 6 lawns and one commercial job. I lost that because of the fact that I no insurance. I will post my story soon on the about me forum.

how do you mow when youre in school just on weekends and howd you advertise

T888
07-10-2009, 08:32 PM
how do you mow when youre in school just on weekends and howd you advertise

I was home schooled and then I went to a high school and just managed my time well. And I got by business by going door to door and being polite to them. I also make lawn flyers for my business and give then to people when I meat them. The most I ever had was like 10. (The resean I am saying that is because I only have 3 right now) I just did a really good job and people liked what they saw. I always wear goggles and ear plugs when I work too. Never give up.

Where do you live?

Feel free to ask me any thing too, I always like helping people.

toromowers26
07-10-2009, 09:54 PM
I was home schooled and then I went to a high school and just managed my time well. And I got by business by going door to door and being polite to them. I also make lawn flyers for my business and give then to people when I meat them. The most I ever had was like 10. (The resean I am saying that is because I only have 3 right now) I just did a really good job and people liked what they saw. I always wear goggles and ear plugs when I work too. Never give up.

Where do you live?

Feel free to ask me any thing too, I always like helping people.
northwest Indiana and what mowers do you use
Posted via Mobile Device

T888
07-10-2009, 10:23 PM
I live in Charlotte. I have a Honda 4120 riding lawn mower and a Honda HRX walk behind with the blade clutch. For handheld stuff, I have an echo weadeater and a echo backpack blower. (an PB-755H, I love it) I have a ton of other stuff that I have gotten at low prices. I started out with troybuilt was so bad, I gave all of it away to a naiber but kept the mower.

http://www.echo-usa.com/product.asp?Model=PB-755H&Category=POWERBLOWER