PDA

View Full Version : Fall Cleanups

ohiogreenworks
07-09-2009, 04:48 PM
Alright, I know it is early but we are getting geared up for fall cleanups. We are planning on passing out flyers with some kind of fall cleanup deal on them. Just wondering what you guys have used and what has worked/hasn't worked. Also, what does a normal, typical fall cleanup need to include? What types of services would you offer if it was at a reduced rate to try and sign up lawn customers for next year etc? Any help in appreciated thanks!

MileHigh
07-09-2009, 06:08 PM
When I do leaf cleanups..I include:

-Trimming Bushes (unless client does not want it)
-Blowing out all beds, and every square inch of the lawn into one large pile
-Edging walks
-Mowing all turf with bagger
-Removal of all debris.

I just bring one 36" mower with me usually when doing Fall cleanups.

I noticed you have a dump trailer...this will make your cleanups a breeze if you set it up right.

Pitbullawns
07-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Trimming Bushes
Blowing all leaves out of beds and from beneath bushes ,
edging walks
Mowing with bagger
Removing Debris
Dethatching lawn if customer will pay extra for it

g21
07-20-2009, 06:31 PM
OK, now that I have your attention, I never give anything away for free. And Generally I don't like gimmicks. But the residentials we do (most of them) we do not charge an additional fall cleanup fee...and our customers love it! How can we do it? First off, all of our residentials are treated just like a commercial acount. There is no per cut price. We give them an all-inclusive price for the season. It's our philosophy that we charge for 32 weekly visits. (April -Nov.) Of course we don't have to cut weekly in April and somes even in May. And of course we don't have to cut weekly in Oct or Nov. So we tell our customers that when we vist the property in Oct and Nov, if we can skip the cutting, we'll do leaves. It won't be a complete cleanup, but enough to keep the place clean and presentable. We have found that by doing leaves for an hour 4-6 times during Oct and Nov, it's basically the same as doing one cleanup. The customer likes it because we are not letting the leaves build up until Thanksgiving. Closely tracking our manhours, we have determined they are about the same. But our customer has the perception they he is not getting charged for his fall cleanup. We actuall do this for our spring cleanup as well. Now bare in mind there are plenty of exceptions. If a property has a ton of trees, you can't do it. But with lightly treed properties it works great and it's a great marketing tool. Hope this helps!