PDA

View Full Version : Halp!

IllusiveDesire
07-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Hello everyone! First post and undoubtedly the same old story you guys deal with everyday, but I am 18 and really want to start my own company. I have experience (worked for a large company for several months, and had to leave due to personal issues; plus I really enjoy mowing and I was just the weed whipper). I know how to operate the equipment and have an idea of what I need; two mowers (1 wb 1r/a), 1-2 whippers; edger; backpack; trailer; etc.

I need some suggestions on what to do. I have several people I know that would hire me, but competition in this area is tough. I can't get bigger without getting better equipment. I do not want to join another company because I don't want to start at the bottom again.

I also do not want to fail and be thousands of dollars in debt. I am going to college and have those expenses as well; the perfect scenario would have my lawn operation helping me with school.

How should I do this? I really enjoy lawn care but do not want to ruin myself financially. Halp!

PLS-Tx
07-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Hello everyone! First post and undoubtedly the same old story you guys deal with everyday, but I am 18 and really want to start my own company. I have experience (worked for a large company for several months, and had to leave due to personal issues; plus I really enjoy mowing and I was just the weed whipper). I know how to operate the equipment and have an idea of what I need; two mowers (1 wb 1r/a), 1-2 whippers; edger; backpack; trailer; etc.

I need some suggestions on what to do. I have several people I know that would hire me, but competition in this area is tough. I can't get bigger without getting better equipment. I do not want to join another company because I don't want to start at the bottom again.

I also do not want to fail and be thousands of dollars in debt. I am going to college and have those expenses as well; the perfect scenario would have my lawn operation helping me with school.

How should I do this? I really enjoy lawn care but do not want to ruin myself financially. Halp!

Halp???????????

IllusiveDesire
07-10-2009, 12:55 AM
Internet slang for help?

tinman
07-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Find the least expensive service you can make the most money with then work your way up. Example... spreading pinestraw only involves a truck and maybe a trailer no tools. Or buy a push mower and target only super small lots

AVLC
07-15-2009, 07:23 PM
do you have any equipment so far do you have a truck yet and do you have any savings how much?

honeydopm
07-15-2009, 07:51 PM
Dictionary??