PDA

View Full Version : Lesco TriGold - $64 for a 50lb bag

stephen424
07-10-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm in Charlotte. My local Lesco shop has 50lb bags of TriGold for $65 right now. Figured it would be a good time to stock up. Normally they are $85/bag.
So if you're not buying bulk and getting a discount, it may be a good time to buy some bags, before they jack prices back up.

dueces

Richard Martin
07-10-2009, 06:53 AM
That is a good deal. Tri-Gold is the same seed as Transition Blend except it is certified. Unless you must use a certified seed I don't see the need to buy it when it's not on sale. Transition is normally $69.50.

lawns Etc
07-10-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah they are blowing out some seeds I just bought 65 bags of South Jersey Blend at $49 a bag normal $85 so Ill make some $$$ this fall on aeration finally

RigglePLC
07-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Look at the test date. How old is the seed? It loses a percentage of germination every month of storage. Some states allow seed to be sold for 9 months from date of test. Some states allow 18 months. I imagine sometimes expired seed gets shipped from nine month states and sold in states where the requirements are not so strict. Don't plan to store it at your own warehouse for a year or two. I am not sure about the best storage condition--but high temps and humidity probably reduce germination even more. it might be wise to have it tested--or plant a hundred seeds and count the emergence indoors.